Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Limited Placement Universities
Exchange placements are extremely limited at the universities below. We cannot guarantee your application to study at one of these institutions will be approved. You do not need to select one of these institutions as a preference when you apply for exchange.
If you do select one of them, you must list it as your first choice for it to be eligible for consideration. You may only select one of the universities below. None of them can be listed as your second or third choice on the application.
- Australia - Deakin University
- Czech Republic - Charles University
- England - London Metropolitan University, Nottingham Trent University, University of Brighton, and University of Essex
- France - L’Université Catholique de Lyon
- Hong Kong - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Italy - University of Torino
- Scotland - University of Stirling
- Singapore - Nanyang Technological University
- South Korea - Kookmin University
- Spain - University of the Basque Country, Bilbao/Getxo, University of the Basque Country, San Sebastián, and Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid
- Sweden - Lund University (Industrial Design majors only. Semester 2 exchange only.)
- Thailand - Chiang Mai University
- USA - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach
- USA - University of California (all campuses)
Page authorised by Director, International Office
Last updated on Wednesday 30 June 2021