- Massey University Library - books, journals and research support for staff and students
- Help and Instruction
- About Us
- University Archives
Massey University Library is committed to the development of information literacy skills among students and staff.
Information literacy is:
- a set of abilities for the discovery of information
- the understanding of how information is produced and valued
- the use of information in creating new knowledge
- participating ethically in communities of learning
Understanding how information is discovered, produced, valued and created underpins information literacy and is reflected in the ethos of continuous learning as defined below:
"As an academic community of students and staff, we share a natural orientation towards an ethos of continuous learning: questioning, reflecting and continuing development through our research and study."
(Paerangi Draft Massey University Learning and Teaching Strategy 2019-2022:1)
Massey University Library is committed to the development of information literacy skills among students and staff. We use the information literacy framework Framework for Information Literacy developed by the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) to support the Graduate Profiles and Kahurei initiatives of Massey University.
The ACRL Framework for Information Literacy and the Six Major Frames. Uzwyshyn, Ray. (2017). Academic Libraries and Technology: An environmental scan toward future possibility (preprint).
To talk further about Information Literacy support, please contact your Māori Services or Subject Librarian.
Information Literacy Instruction
We provide information literacy teaching and advice through:
- Informal teaching and help at your library, by telephone or email
- Online demonstrations in the use of key resources and Library services
- Help and guidance on the website
- Appointments with Māori Services and Subject Librarians for post-graduate students and staff
- Formal teaching through our Information Literacy Teaching Programme:
- Library assignments, tutorials and workshops
- Library orientation workshops and website tutorials
- Library tours
- Course-based, subject specific tutorials developed and delivered in partnership with academic staff
- Opportunities for academic staff development for individuals or groups
- Support and advice online, face-to-face and in Stream
Contact our team of Māori Services and Subject Librarians to discuss how we can work with you.
Page authorised by University Librarian
Last updated on Friday 08 January 2021