Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Key Veterinary Science Databases
Key article databases for veterinary science:
Web of Science
Cross-search major science databases, or use the ‘All Databases’ tab to search individually:
- CAB Abstracts (agriculture & applied life sciences)
- MEDLINE (medical sciences, including animal diseases, veterinary medicine and zoonoses) - Note: accessing PubMed directly provides faster coverage and good linking to fulltext content.
- Biological Abstracts (entire field of life sciences)
- Web of Science Core Collection (multidisciplinary, citation database)
Multidisciplinary citation database, with 100% coverage of Medline titles. Includes articles in press, and web sources.
Google search engine for scholarly articles and books. Includes citation linking, and full-text searching of many publications.
Full-text database covering New Zealand and Australian veterinary and animal science, and veterinary continuing education publications.
Consultant: A Diagnostic Support System for Veterinary Medicine
Diagnostic support system, with literature references. Search by possible diagnosis or clinical signs, and limit by species. Provided by Cornell University, College of Veterinary Medicine.
Other Databases Recommended for Veterinary Science
Primary database for chemistry and biochemistry; also valuable for applied sciences, including agriculture, pharmacology, engineering, and environmental topics. Search for chemical data, properties, structures, reactions, literature, citations, patents, and more.
- Note: SciFinder requires mandatory registration before first login
- For further help, see User Guides
MEDLINE via PubMed
The free, public access to Medline. To limit your results to veterinary material, add veterinary[sb] to your search.
New Zealand Science
A comprehensive index, provided by the Crown Research Institutes, Conservation Department and the Royal Society of New Zealand.
Page authorised by University Librarian
Last updated on Monday 17 May 2021