Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Access 2016 FAQs
Short URL: its.massey.ac.nz/access2016
Access 2016 has all the functionality and features you're used to with some added enhancements and the best new features from Office 2016. It is not supported by ITS, but we have included some handy questions below to assist you with issues as you encounter them — be sure to bookmark this page and check back regularly for more updates!
- Introduction to tables
- Guidelines for naming fields, controls and objects
- Control data entry formats with input masks
- Normalize your data using the Table Analyzer
- Add or change a table's primary key
- Restrict data input by using a validation rule
- Guide to table relationships
- How do I add a calculated field to a table?
- How do I create and use an index to improve performance?
- Data types for Access desktop databases
- Introduction to queries
- How do I create and run an update query?
- How do I update data by using a query?
- How do I use parameters to ask for input when running a query?
- How do I create a select query?
- How do I create a make table query?
- How do I create and run a delete query?
- How do I use an append query to add records to table?
- Examples of Access query criteria
- Examples of using dates as criteria in Access queries
Forms & reports
- How do I create an Access form?
- How do I create a list of choices by using a list box or combo box?
- How do I add a subform?
- How do I set default values for fields or controls?
- How do I create a navigation form?
- How do I use sum or count values on a datasheet with a total row?
- How do I filter data in a desktop database?
- How do I create a form by using the Form Wizard?
- How do I create a form by using the Form Tool?
- Why does Access want me to enter a parameter value?
- Introduction to reports in Access
- How do I create a grouped or summary report?
- How do I set print options?
- How do I insert a page break control in an Access report?
- How do I use conditional formatting on reports (video)?
- How do I set the record source for a report?
- How do I filter data in a report?
- How do I print a report?
Web apps & external data
Working with Web apps
- How do I create an Access app?
- How do I create a relationship?
- How do I use a list view in an Access app?
- How do I use a web datasheet view in an Access app?
- How do I create a summary view?
- How do I customize a view by creating a user interface macro?
- What are the basic tasks for an Access app?
- What are the data types for an Access app?
- Working with action buttons in an Access app
Working with external data
- How do I import data into an Access database?
- How do I import or link data in an Excel workbook?
- How do I link to SQL server data?
- How do I import from or link data to a SharePoint list?
- How do I import data from a text file?
- How do I export data to Excel?
- How do I use a mail merge to send data to Word?
Setting global options
- Decide whether to trust a database
- Protect your data with backup and restore processes
- Customize and lock the Navigation Pane
- Set user options for the current database
- Set name AutoCorrect options
- Encrypt a database by using a database password
- How do I split an Access database?
- How do I show or hide the Navigation Pane in Access?
- How do I compact and repair database files?
- How do I set the default format options for datasheets?
Page authorised by CIO
Last updated on Thursday 27 May 2021
Contact the Service Desk
Phone 06-356-9099 ext. 82111 (preferred method)
7:45am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
(excluding Public and University holidays)
AskUs Self-Service to log a request online (staff)
Other ITS Information
IT Services Dashboard (staff)