Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Project 2016 FAQs
Short URL: its.massey.ac.nz/project2016
Project 2016 for Windows has all the functionality and features you're used to, with some enhancements and the best new features from Office 2016. Below are some Frequently Asked Questions that you may encounter when using the newest version of Microsoft Project — be sure to bookmark this page and check back on a regular basis.
Scheduling & tasks
- How do I create a new project schedule?
- How do I set the start date or finish date for a project?
- How do I link projects to create a master project?
- How do I show the critical path?
- How do I set and save a baseline?
- How do I create WBS codes?
- How do I show slack in a project?
Resources & calendars
- How do I request a resource's time?
- How do I assign people to work on tasks?
- How do I level resource assignments?
- How do I set task priorities for resource leveling?
Costs & budgets
Views & reporting
- How do I split a view?
- How do a show the project summary task?
- How do I create a Network diagram?
- How do I show and hide some or all subtasks?
- How do I sort tasks, resources, or dates?
- Project functions for custom fields
Print, save & export
Working with Project
- How do I change the date format?
- How do I wrap text and change row height in a Project view?
- How do I hide or unhide a column in Project view?
- How do I show task names next to Gantt chart bars?
- How do I change the timescale in a Project view?
- How do I change the colour of external links?
- How do I show the project summary task?
- How do I rename a project?
Page authorised by CIO
Last updated on Thursday 27 May 2021
Contact the Service Desk
Phone 06-356-9099 ext. 82111 (preferred method)
7:45am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
(excluding Public and University holidays)
AskUs Self-Service to log a request online (staff)
Other ITS Information
IT Services Dashboard (staff)