Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Visio 2016 FAQs
Short URL: its.massey.ac.nz/visio2016
Use Visio as your one-stop diagramming solution for simplifying and communicating complex information. Visio 2016 is not included as part of the Standard Operating Environment (SOE) image installed on your machine. If you require a copy of this, please order this via AskUs.
Below are some Frequently Asked Questions to help you with operating this program — be sure to bookmark this page and check back on a regular basis for more updates.
Shapes and stencils
- How do I find more shapes and stencils?
- How do I create a shape?
- How do I align and position shapes in a diagram?
- How do I fill a shape with a colour, gradient or pattern?
- How do I protect shapes?
- How do I use layers to set properties for multiple shapes?
- How do I create, save and share custom stencils?
Working with data
Working with charts
- How do I create a basic flowchart?
- How do I create a cross-functional flowchart?
- How do I add swim lanes to a flowchart?
- How do I create BPMN-compliant processes?
- How do I clarify the structure of diagrams by using containers and lists?
Working with Visio
Network, software and UML diagrams
- How do I create a basic network diagram?
- How do I use UML to create Class, Sequence, Use Case, Activity, or State diagrams?
Timelines and schedules
- How do I create a timeline in Visio?
- How do I communicate schedule details with a Visio Gantt chart?
Maps and floor plans
- How do I create an office layout diagram?
- How do I create a floor plan?
- How do I create a map in Visio?
- How do I measure the distance between two points?
- How do I specify dimensions using the Size & Position Window?
- How do I change the ruler measurement units?
- How do I change the drawing scale?
- How do I show size or dimension of shapes in Visio?
Page authorised by CIO
Last updated on Thursday 27 May 2021
Contact the Service Desk
Phone 06-356-9099 ext. 82111 (preferred method)
7:45am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
(excluding Public and University holidays)
AskUs Self-Service to log a request online (staff)
Other ITS Information
IT Services Dashboard (staff)