Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL4. More information.
BackFollowMe Printing for Staff
- Information Technology Services
- Contact ITS
- Help and Training
- Help and Training
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Asking for help
- ITS forms
- Learning Resources for Students
- ConnectIT - Remote Computer Assistance
- Standard Operating Environment
- Labs and teaching rooms
- Video conferencing, Multimedia and Audio visual
- ITS staff intranet (restricted)
FollowMe Printing for Staff
- What is FollowMe printing?
- How to connect to a printer
- How to collect printing
- Printing Charges
- MFD quick reference guide
- ID cards and printing/photocopy card
- Default settings for printing/Change your default printing settings
- How do Departments obtain paper to print?
- Request staples for MFD's with a finisher installed
The Printing and Photocopier Project 2012 oversaw the replacement of Multi-Function Devices (Printers and copiers) across all three University campuses. Our supplier - Fuji Xerox along with the project team have worked together to implement these devices which represent the latest available technology.
These FAQs will assist you in making a smooth transition to the Fuji Xerox Multi-function devices (MFD's) printers and copiers.
FollowMe printing is Fuji Xerox's solution to allow documents to be submitted for printing and collected from any Fuji Xerox device on the same campus.
Printing can be initialised and collected (on the same campus) by using your Staff ID card, Printing/Photocopy card or by logging in on the touch panel connected to the device.
Information on these methods and other questions around collection can be found at How do I collect my printing?
The rates below apply to each printed side of paper, so an A4 mono page printed on both sides will incur a charge of 6 cents.
|A4 Mono||3 cents|
|A4 Colour||15 cents|
Staff-type usercodes (e.g jcbloggs) have their printing charges captured via their login, which is then charged back to the Department through usual ITS charging processes.
At each MFD installation, there should be a "Quick Reference Poster" displayed on a wall nearby. However, there is an expanded guide also:
- Obtain a new or replacement Staff ID card
- Obtain a Departmental photocopy card
- Obtain a Friends of Massey ID card
- Is it possible to obtain a generic card for any Staff to use to collect their printing?
- Can I request a generic card for photocopying only?
For Windows computers, it is duplex printing and black and white. For Macintosh computers, it is duplex printing and colour.
Once the driver is installed, Macintosh users are able to set the default to black and white (see below)
How do Departments obtain paper to print?
Departments should continue to order paper from OfficeMax using existing Departmental accounts, product codes and ordering processes. This will ensure continuity and consistency with approval and delivery processes. Paper costs however, although identified against Departmental ledger accounts in the order, will be transferred out of Departmental accounts to a central budget centre.
For other information about printing, please refer to Miscellaneous Printing FAQs
If you require further assistance or information please contact the ITS Service Desk.
Page authorised by CIO
Last updated on Thursday 20 May 2021