Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Configuring SSL VPN — Mac OS
To connect to Massey University SSL VPN you'll need:
- VPN enabled on your usercode - see Virtual Private Network (VPN) for details
- An active connection to the internet e.g Broadband, 3G Connection
- The SSL VPN client
- A Massey usercode and password that is active (i.e. you should already be able to log onto the wired Massey network with your usercode and password)
Install SSL VPN Client on a Massey owned machine
- Find the Massey SSL VPN Client in the Utilities tab of Self Service
- Click on Install. You will need to wait for the progress bar to complete.
- Restart your computer. If you don't do this, the VPN will probably connect but you may not have access to all of the network shares or other resources.
Install SSL VPN Client on a Privately owned machine
- To install the Forticlient Client Software go to https://softarch.massey.ac.nz/SSLVPN/ and download the zip file onto your machine
- Once the file has downloaded, extract the files
- Double click on the .pkg file and then click Next on the default options.
Connect to the Massey VPN
- Click on the FortiClient icon in the top right of your toolbar
- Click on Connect to Massey VPN
- Enter your Massey username and password in the login screen and click on Connect
Disconnect from the Massey VPN
- Click on the locked FortiClient icon in the top right of your toolbar.
- Click on Disconnect Massey SSL VPN
Page authorised by CIO
Last updated on Thursday 27 May 2021
Contact the Service Desk
Phone 06-356-9099 ext. 82111 (preferred method)
7:45am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
(excluding Public and University holidays)
AskUs Self-Service to log a request online (staff)
Other ITS Information
IT Services Dashboard (staff)