Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Short URL: its.massey.ac.nz/onedrive
OneDrive is a file storage service that is part of Office 365. It provides you with 1TB (terabyte) of online storage space.
With OneDrive you can:
- Access files from your desktop, web browser or mobile device
- Work on Office documents with others at the same time in familiar programmes like Word and Excel
- Securely share your files with anyone who has an email address, either inside or outside Massey.
OneDrive can be used to store files in the same way as the personal (H:) drives are used.
As OneDrive is not the Universities formal records or content management service, all documents and records that relate to BAU (business as usual) operation of your department or the University should still be stored in the relevant OneMassey SharePoint site or on your department network shares.
Information on what constitutes a BAU or Massey record, and for more details on document storage and OneMassey SharePoint, visit the EDRMS intranet site.
At the end of your Massey employment, everything in your OneDrive account will be deleted. ITS does not have access to your data in OneDrive and will not be able to assist you with transferring your data out of OneDrive, so please be aware of this if you intend to store important personal files in OneDrive.
Working with files
Adding & uploading files
- How do I upload files and folders to OneDrive?
- How do I add or sync shared folders to OneDrive?
- How do I save photos and videos to OneDrive automatically?
- How do I save screenshots to OneDrive automatically?
- Tips for maximizing upload and download speed
Create, save, open & edit files
- How do I create files and folders in OneDrive?
- How do I save documents online?
- How do I save my workbook?
- How do I create a notebook on OneDrive?
Sharing & syncing files
- How do I share OneDrive files and folders?
- How do I share files and folders (video)?
- How do I stop sharing OneDrive files or folders or change permissions?
- How do I work together on Office documents stored in OneDrive?
- How do I fetch files on my PC?
- How do I setup my computer to sync your OneDrive for business files in Office 365?
- How do I use OneDrive with Office?
- How do I organize and find photos in OneDrive?
- How do I change views on the OneDrive website?
- How do I sort, rename, or move photos and files in OneDrive?
- How do I delete or restore files and folders?
- How do I embed files directly into a website or blog?
- Video formats that can play directly from OneDrive
OneDrive on mobile devices
Page authorised by CIO
Last updated on Thursday 27 May 2021
Contact the Service Desk
Phone 06-356-9099 ext. 82111 (preferred method)
7:45am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
(excluding Public and University holidays)
AskUs Self-Service to log a request online (staff)
Other ITS Information
IT Services Dashboard (staff)