Update your Massey Network Password (Mac OS)
The instructions below detail the required process needed to be taken when changing your network password on a computer running the Mac OS.
You will need to be plugged into the Massey network via an Ethernet (network cable) as changing your password over wifi does not work. This process also applies should you wish to change your password for your Mac user account.
To update your network password in Mac OS, please follow the instructions below:
- Connect to the Massey network via a Ethernet (network) cable. You will need to ensure that the connection type is Ethernet and the IP address falls within the range 130.123.x.x.
- Click on the Apple Menu in the upper-left hand corner of your screen. Select System Preferences.
- In System Preferences, select Users & Groups
- Select your username from the list
- Click on Change Password...
- Enter your current password into the Old password: box
- Enter your new password into the New password: box. Enter your new password to verify.
- Click on Change Password to finish changing your password.
- You will then need to log out and then back in again - on login, you will then be prompted to update your KeyChain password. Click Yes.
Page authorised by CIO
Last updated on Thursday 27 May 2021
Contact the Service Desk
Phone 06-356-9099 ext. 82111 (preferred method)
7:45am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
(excluding Public and University holidays)
AskUs Self-Service to log a request online (staff)
Other ITS Information
IT Services Dashboard (staff)