Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL4. More information.
A list of issues known to be affecting the wireless service or services that run via the wireless networks e.g. Internet access can be found at Known issues.
- In order to access the University's Wireless Network Service, equipment must comply with either: IEEE 802.11a, 11b or 11g (Wi-Fi) standards.
- Computers with a 'wireless network' or 'wireless LAN' connection generally support one of the Wi-Fi standards.
- Apple laptops with inbuilt 'AirPort' adapters are Wi-Fi capable.
- 'Bluetooth' equipment cannot be used to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
- Wireless adaptors is enabled and disabled by an external button or switch, labelled with the wireless icon: .
For equipment not already fitted with a wireless adapter two options exist:
- Fit an internal adaptor, if available. Some laptops are 'wireless-ready' and only need a small module fitted (that utilises an existing internal antenna) in order to become wireless capable.
Note: this is the desired option as it means equipment can be operated further from a Wireless Access Point (WAP) and achieve higher connection speeds.
- Fit an external adapter. This is usually a card that goes in the PCMCIA or Cardbus slot on the laptop. Suitable adapters are available from a number of manufacturers. Some operating systems also support USB wireless network adapters.
- Setup information and support is available for: Microsoft Windows 7 or higher and Apple OS X 10.6 or higher
- No additional software is required to connect to the Massey wireless networks.
- Other Operating Systems (that support the software and encryption standard) can be used — but may require additional software in order to do so.
- The Massey University Wireless Network uses encryption to ensure the privacy of communication.
- This means Wireless Network Adapters must support the 'WiFi Protected Access' (WPA) standard.
- Some older wireless adaptors may only support the earlier 'WEP' standard. Often these adapters will support WPA with a driver upgrade.
Staff and students can connect to the Massey Wireless Network when onsite using their private or Massey devices and computers. Staff and students should connect to the MasseyWifi network. Connecting to this network for the first time will prompt a certificate acceptance message before it connects to the WiFi.
Below under Configuration Guides are step-by-step instructions for your device to connect to the MasseyWiFi.
Contact our Service Desk through AskUs or call us on ext 82111 if you require assistance.
Staff, Students and visitors using any equipment with wireless capability - note there are limitations:
- Enabled on specific Access Points for the duration of specific events
- A passphrase is provided to the Massey sponsor who then provides the passphrase to relevant event participants.
The wireless networks above are provided for staff and students. Note: MUEvents is a wireless network which is specifically setup for conferences and events being held at Massey University.
Click on the appropriate link below to download instructions for connecting to the wireless network.
Macintosh / iOS
Page authorised by CIO
Last updated on Thursday 27 May 2021
Contact the Service Desk
Phone 06-356-9099 ext. 82111 (preferred method)
7:45am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
(excluding Public and University holidays)
AskUs Self-Service to log a request online (staff)
Other ITS Information
IT Services Dashboard (staff)