Frequently Asked Questions for Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR)
What is self-service password reset?
Self-service password reset is an online service available to Massey staff and enrolled students which allows you to reset your Massey network account password on your own, anytime, from any device when you have forgotten your password and cannot access your account.
A Massey network account uses a staff username or a student ID.
Password reset differs from password change, with the latter used to change a known and expiring password. Password reset is used to reset a forgotten or invalid password. The current process for password reset is handled by the Contact Centre for students and the Service Desk for staff.
With SSPR, you are no longer required to contact support as SSPR enables you to get back into your account by verifying your identity through any of your registered authentication methods.
Registration is required before using this tool via ssprsetup.massey.ac.nz
Sign in using the format:
- Students: studentID@massey.ac.nz / e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff: email@example.com / e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have enrolled an authentication method, you can self-serve password reset anytime whenever you need to by going to passwordreset.massey.ac.nz or clicking 'Can't access your account? Reset here' on the login page.
Registration and authentication
- How do I register for self service password reset?
- What are the authentication methods?
- What authentication methods are available for SSPR?
- What is mobile app authentication?
- Will mobile app authentication work if I do not have cellular service or data?
- Do I need to be connected to a Massey network to use "reset my password"?
- What if I don't have an alternate email address?
- What if I don't have a Massey mobile phone?
- I want to add, remove, update or change a registered phone, email or authentication information. How do I do it?
- Why am I locked out of my account?
- I remember my password but want to change it? What should I do?
- I forgot my password and cannot my account. How do I reset my password?
- I forgot my password but I have not registered for SSPR. What should I do?
- How long should I wait to receive an email, text, or phone call from a password reset?
- I requested a password reset through phone authentication but I did not receive an SMS or phone call. What should I do?
- I requested a password reset through alternate email authentication but I did not receive an email. What should I do?
- I cannot access the password reset page. What should I do?
- I get a "your account is not enabled for password reset" error after entering my user ID. What should I do?
- I get a "we could not verify your account" error after entering my user ID. What should I do?
Page authorised by CIO
Last updated on Thursday 27 May 2021
Contact the Service Desk
Phone 06-356-9099 ext. 82111 (preferred method)
7:45am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
(excluding Public and University holidays)
AskUs Self-Service to log a request online (staff)
Other ITS Information
IT Services Dashboard (staff)