BackAcademic Integrity Student Guide
- Centres for Teaching and Learning - Students
- Our Services
- Our Resources
- Our Resources
- Digital Resources
- Printed Resources
- Copyright Student Guide
- Academic Integrity Student Guide
- Academic Integrity Student Guide, Academic integrity resources students, academic integrity, student resources
- What is Academic Integrity?
- Why is Academic Integrity important?
- What are breaches of Academic Integrity?
- What is our approach to Academic Integrity?
- How do I maintain Academic Integrity?
- How does the University deal with breaches of Academic Integrity?
- Academic Integrity resources for Students
- Academic Integrity FAQ'S
- Where To Find Us
- Where to Find Other Useful Services
- Why Use Our Services and Resources
- Give Us Feedback On Our Services
What is our approach to Academic Integrity?
Massey University is committed to an educative approach to academic integrity. The Academic Integrity Framework focuses on helping students develop the skills and conventions of academic writing, research and behaviour, while outlining the management of academic integrity misconduct.
The first two components of the framework (Educative approach and Communication) recognise that the skills and attributes of academic integrity develop over time.
The Academic Integrity framework has six components:
1. Educative approach
Resources are available to help you understand the conventions of academic writing, information literacy and how to avoid academic integrity, and develop appropriate skills and values.
• Talk to a learning consultant in a Centre for Teaching and Learning on campus. If you are a distance student contact email@example.com
Communication commences when your study begins and continues throughout your student life.
• You will find information about academic integrity for your courses in the online and print information guides; and your course coordinators and lecturers will provide guidance and advice.
• Follow the link for further resources on academic integrity, how to avoid plagiarism, what to do when working with others on a group assignment.
• Ensure you read the examination rules to ensure you act with academic integrity.
3. Academic Integrity Officers (AIO)
Academic Integrity Officers provide advice to staff and assistance at the Academic unit level for all matters pertaining to academic integrity.
4. Disciplinary Regulations
Academic integrity breaches are managed within the Massey University regulatory framework.
5. Academic Misconduct Register (AMR)
All proven breaches of academic integrity at level 2 and 3 are recorded in the Academic Misconduct Register.
The text matching program, Turnitin®, is available to assist with the detection of plagiarism at Massey University. Students may be required to upload assignments to this facility.
Page authorised by Director, National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Last updated on Wednesday 04 January 2017