Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Support for Massey University Students
- Centre for Teaching and Learning: All locations
- Centre for Teaching and Learning: Online
- Centre for Teaching and Learning: Auckland Campus
- Centre for Teaching and Learning: Manawatu Campus
- Centre for Teaching and Learning: Wellington Campus
Please Note: On campus appointments are not available at Covid alert levels 2,3 or 4
Online appointments are available at all alert levels
If you have a quick question, then you can ask it on the Academic Q+A forum
We offer individual support in order to help you study more effectively and develop key academic skills that enable you to write well written assignments.
Do any of the following apply to you?
- Wondering if you have provided a logically developed argument in your assignment.
- You want to know how to interpret an assignment question.
- Feeling a little confused as to why you get marked down for the analysis of your assignments.
- Feeling overwhelmed with study, work, family and social commitments.
- Rushing to get assignments done.
- Wanting to know how you can study more efficiently for examinations.
- Struggling to integrate ideas in to your literature review.
- Wanting to express ‘your voice’ more clearly in your assignment.
- Want to achieve higher grades.
If you answered yes to any of the above, then please make an appointment with one of our Writing Consultants. Writing Consultants are available for appointments, please use the booking form.
We offer support for students writing assignments as group. We will help you write and present a well written assignment.
Do any of the following apply to you?
- Working in a group for the first time and wondering how to get started
- Unsure of what you are being asked to do and how to plan your assignment
- Needing some advice to keep you on track with your task
- Wanting to ensure your argument/assignment flows well and the parts fit together
- Needing help with structuring a PowerPoint presentation
- Want to achieve higher grades
If you answered yes to any of the above, then book online using the booking form.
Academic writing - We have a number of support services available to help you with your writing and study skills. Check out OWLL (The Online Writing and Learning Link), the Academic Q&A forum(ask our consultants a question relating to your study, via the Academic Support Stream site), and the Pre-reading Service (submit a draft assignment and receive individual written feedback on your assignment's structure, focus, paragraph structure, flow, style, presentation, referencing, and use of sources). Or contact one of our friendly consultants
Distance students - Services and facilities specifically for distance learners.
Stream support – Support and guidelines on how to use Massey's online learning environment
Workshops and seminars –Sessions to help you develop your academic skills. Available for both internal and distance students and undergraduate and postgraduate
Disability services - Support for students registered with Disability Services
Student success advisors - Support for the best possible chance of success
Pasifika Advisors - Targeted support for Pasifika Students
- Level 3, Auckland Library.
- Drop in desk on entry level of the library at the service desk (semesters 1 and 2 only).
Phone: (09) 441 8143
Manawatu and online
- Student Centre, Level 2.
- Drop in desk on entry level of the library opposite the sevice desk (semesters 1 and 2 only).
Phone: (06) 350 2251
- Block 5, Level A (in the Library).
Phone: (04) 8015799 extn 63389
Subject librarian consultations
The Library works closely with CTL and subject librarians offer a range of support services to help you find the information you need for assignment or research work. We cover everything from identifying the best resources, how to focus a database search to improve results, and help with referencing software, such as EndNote and Zotero. We offer workshops, small group classes and individual research consultations on request.
Book an online appointment with a subject librarian
Book an appointment with a subject librarian at Albany
Book an appointment with a subject librarian at Manawatū
Book an appointment with a subject librarian at Wellington
Page authorised by Director, National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Last updated on Tuesday 20 October 2020