BackHow we Support Teaching Development
- Centre for Teaching and Learning (staff)
- About Us
- Consultation Services
- Awards and Teaching Credentials
- How we Support Learning Development
- How we Support Teaching Development
- How we Support Stream and Educational Technology
- How we Support the Evaluation of Teaching and Learning
- How we Support the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Teaching Showcase and Resource Bank
- Contact Us
- Academic Standing
Teaching and Learning Circles
Teaching and Learning Circles are groups of about six to eight people who come together once a month to learn and share ideas about teaching. The circles are like a mentoring system, but without the hierarchy. This initiative is managed and sponsored by TE@M with support from the National Centre for Teaching and Learning.
Who can join?
Any staff member involved in teaching: from new lecturers to seasoned academics. The circles start at the beginning of each calendar year. They are currently in the Manawatu and Wellington campuses.
Why become involved?
• Learn and share practical tips, skills, ideas and interesting approaches.
• Solve problems that have been bugging you.
• Reduce the amount of time spent trying to figure things out yourself.
• Strengthen your network of colleagues across the university.
What TE@M can do for you?
Do you have a question about teaching? Our TE@M members can offer you ideas and perspectives on any teaching-related issue, large or small.
Who to contact?
Information about Teaching and Learning Circles:
National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Phone: +64 6 356 9099 ext 81473
Information about TE@M:
Social Science Tower 3.04
Phone: +64 6 356 9099 ext. 2509
Page authorised by Director National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Last updated on Monday 01 April 2019
Register for upcoming events and workshops here.
- Academic Integrity
- Educational Technology Unit
- Peer Assistance & Review of Teaching (PART)
- Quick Reference Guides
- Request Teaching Development Services
- Search BOLDE Research Database
- Stream Completion Checklist
- Student Survey and Evaluation Unit