BackTeaching Showcase and Resource Bank
- Centre for Teaching and Learning (staff)
- About Us
- Consultation Services
- Awards and Teaching Credentials
- How we Support Learning Development
- How we Support Teaching Development
- How we Support Stream and Educational Technology
- How we Support the Evaluation of Teaching and Learning
- How we Support the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Teaching Showcase and Resource Bank
- Contact Us
- Academic Standing
Distance education resources
To assist staff with the delivery of distance (extramural) courses, teaching consultants provide guidance and assistance in the development and writing of learning resources/study guides, whether they are in print, online, or a combination of media.
Consultants provide advice (one to one or groups) on how best to develop, write, and teach courses for students living at a distance. Advice may cover anything to do with teaching methods, assessment, workloads, how to structure the course and what information to provide for students. In addition, a ‘help desk’ function to deal with copyright queries is provided. Please feel free to contact your campus Centre for Teaching and Learning to discuss with a consultant any specific distance teaching-related issues you might have.
Learning Design is about the choices you make in the design and delivery of teaching. That is, how you decide to develop, deliver, assess and evaluate your course.
- Are you developing study materials for a new or existing course, a new mode or setting?
- Are you thinking of delivering your course/s online or in combination with print material or other media?
- Is your role to support academics in the production of study materials?
The Peer Assistance and Review of Teaching Framework provides a list of guiding questions that should inform the learning design process.
Contact your campus Centre for Teaching and Learning to discuss with a Teaching Consultant any specific issues related to your paper design and development.
To download, click on the icon/link and then save the file to your computer.
- Paper Guide 2017_Template .docx (25 KB) Template for creating a Paper Guide (The new title reflects University policy changes)
- Paper Guide Template Guidelines 2017 .docx (818 KB) Useful suggestions of what to include in a Paper Guide
- study guide template v4.doc (82 KB) Used as the basis for writing an extramural study guide.
- Guidelines for Writing Study Guides_Learning Guides.doc (60 KB) Provides suggestions on how to formulate a study guide.
Page authorised by Director National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Last updated on Wednesday 08 May 2019
Register for upcoming events and workshops here.
- Academic Integrity
- Educational Technology Unit
- Peer Assistance & Review of Teaching (PART)
- Quick Reference Guides
- Request Teaching Development Services
- Search BOLDE Research Database
- Stream Completion Checklist
- Student Survey and Evaluation Unit