Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL4. More information.
Lecture Capture Service Overview
- What is the intent of the Mediasite Lecture Capture service?
- How many rooms do we have lecture capture capability in?
- How does an Instructor access this service for normal semester teaching activity?
- How does an Instructor request this service for activities outside of normal semester teaching?
- How are the classroom recordings distributed?
- What help and support is available?
Massey University provides a high quality Rich Media Learning (RML) recording and webcast production service for both live and on-demand activities such as:
- lectures and learning objects
- executive announcements
- staff training and announcements
- public broadcasts
- other industry or collegial activity.
We currently have 27 rooms enabled.
- Auckland (8): AT1, AT3, AT6, OR4, QB3, QB6, SNW200, SNW300
- Palmerston North (14): AH1, AH4, Aston1, BSCB1.08, GLB3.08, JLT, Marsden, SSLB1, SSLB2, SSLB4, SST4.44, SOA132, WB1 and VLT (GLB1.14)
- Wellington (5): 10A02, 4B06, 5B14 (ESS), 7C09, LT200
If you have been allocated a teaching space with automated lecture capture and the "Mediasite" option was selected when your room was booked, your semester recordings will be scheduled for you without you needing to do anything else.
Advance booking is essential with one weeks’ notice being generally required. Booking requests should be made via the on-line booking form. This form is sent to the Stream Hotline whom manage lecture capture schedules.
The classroom recordings and webcasts are usually distributed through Stream, our Learning Management System (LMS), by either sharing the provided Catalog URL or by copy and pasting individual presentation URLs as hyperlinks.
If you are having difficulty accessing any Mediasite content, please read through the Accessing Mediasite Content Guide - as it addresses the majority of the know issues relating to accessibility - or:
- phone the Stream Hotline on 83024
- email Stream Support - firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: To report an fault in one of the University's AV spaces please contact the ITS Service Desk on extension 82111 as they will directed your inquiry to the appropriate section.
Page authorised by Director, National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Last updated on Wednesday 04 March 2020