Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
Managing Mediasite Presentations/Recordings Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
- Why do I see shared folders and what are they?
- How can I edit, trim or chunk my recorded presentations?
- Why can I can watch a recording I have recently created just fine but my online audience get an error message?
- How do I let people outside of Massey University view my presentations without having to log in?
The Mediasite administrator creates shared folders and you and other users cannot edit or delete these folders from My Mediasite, however, if you have the appropriate access, you will be able to view, add and edit content in them.
To view your shared folders, click on the "Shared Folders" heading from with the My Mediasite Portal.
To edit videos, please log into your My Mediasite Portal. Locate the presentation you want to edit. Then click on the "Edit Video" link that is just to the right of the Presentation Thumbnail.
NB: New editing guides will be available soon, for now please Ignore any “Firefox Bug” reference – the Online editor is Cross-Browser now.
The visibility setting for a presentation's general settings needs to be set to "Viewable" so You and users with appropriate permissions will be able to view the presentation.
When set to Private (Default), only you will be able to view this presentation.
NB: Changing the Viewability of a presentation can be found on page 9 of the My Mediasite User Guide.
- Log into your My Mediasite Portal
- Click on the presentation title you wish to change the permissions on and the presentation summary window will open.
- Click on the “Edit Security” button - scroll down the page a bit; you'll find it on the right hand side of your web browser.
- Un-check the button "Inherit permissions from parent folder"Click on “Click here to edit permissions”.
- Down the bottom a little further, where it says “Add people or groups”, start typing “Everyone".
- When it appears in full in the list, click on it and it will be added to the Assign Roles box as a Viewer.
- Click on “Save” to finish
Page authorised by Director, National Centre for Teaching and Learning
Last updated on Wednesday 06 March 2019