Cost$346 per week$346per week
FurnitureFully furnishedFully furnished
Ideal for17-23 year olds17-23year olds
CateringTwo meals per dayTwo meals per day
Walking time2 minutes to campus centre2 minutesto campus centre
With 90 furnished single rooms in each hall, City and Egmont Courts are suitable for students aged 17 to 23 years. The Courts are set among a community of similar halls, and are a two-minute walk to the centre of the Massey campus and near the bus stop to the city.
- Fully furnished, single rooms within six-bedroom units for 180 students (90 per court) aged 17 to 23 years.
- Shared bathrooms, spacious common rooms and kitchenettes, and communal laundry.
- Two meal plan catering - lunch and dinner weekdays, and brunch and dinner weekends.
- Self-catering available if there is high demand.
- Wifi in all rooms and common areas.
- Close to all student facilities including lecture theatres, the library and the dining hall, and the Colombo Road public bus stop to the city.
- Among a community of other halls of residence with common courtyards.
Rooms and furniture
All bedrooms in City and Egmont Courts are fully-furnished 'relaxed' single private rooms. Each has a window that can be opened, and a secure lockable door.
Each room includes:
- a single bed and mattress
- desk, lamp and chair
- shelves, mirror and rubbish bin
- carpet and curtains
You will be supplied with a crockery and cutlery starter pack which includes:
- dinner plate, side plate and cereal bowl
- coffee mug and water tumbler
- knife, fork, spoon and teaspoon.
Items you should bring
Along with clothing and personal items, you should also bring:
- toiletries and toiletry bag
- your own bedding and towel (or you can buy a pack containing these items on arrival)
- coat hangers
- laundry detergent
- 3M hooks/tape or white tac, if you wish to hang anything on your wall (no tape, nails, screws or blu tac allowed).
You may also choose to bring a small fridge, no larger than 45L, which must be put on a waterproof mat.
City and Egmont Courts have shared bathrooms with showers, toilets, mirrors and basins. There are two shared gender neutral bathrooms per six-bedroom unit.
City and Egmont Courts are generally catered. The meal plan offers you two meals daily - lunch and dinner Monday to Friday, and brunch and dinner at weekends. Brunch 10am – 1pm, lunch 11am – 1.30pm and dinner 5pm – 7.30pm.
Students use their student ID card to receive meals, which are served at the communal Student Centre Dining Hall on the main concourse, or can be taken away.
The dining hall offers a diverse range of food choices that change daily.
Egmont Court may be self-catered if there is enough demand. You can indicate your preference for self-catered or catered accommodation when you apply.
Our Food4Me App allows students to view the menu up to seven days in advance, see dietary and allergy information, make orders, leave feedback on meals and respond to polls.
Communal spaces and shared facilities
City and Egmont Courts have a spacious common kitchen with multiple ovens, stoves, microwaves, fridge/freezers, sinks, toasters, lockers and dining tables with chairs. A separate common room is ideal for social and group study needs with couches, TV, printer, tables and chairs, and closable spaces.
Residents also share an outdoor courtyard within the complex.
There is a communal laundry accessible 24/7 with washing machines and dryers. These are free of charge to use - students supply their own detergent.
Students are allowed to store some forms of alcohol in this hall and drink it in moderation within designated areas on set days and times.
The pricing for City and Egmont Court apartments is as follows.
|Room type||Week||Full year||Semester One||Semester Two|
|City Relaxed - smaller room with king single bed||$386||$15,440||$7,334||$7,720|
|Egmont Relaxed – smaller room with king single bed (potentially self-catered)||$214 / $386||$8,558 / $15,440||$4,066 / $7,334||$4,279 / $7,720|
Room rates include:
- two meals per day – lunch and dinner weekdays, and brunch and dinner weekends, unless you choose self-catering.
- laundry facilities
- electricity (residents who use more than a reasonable amount of electricity will be charged extra).
All students can pay by semester or full year. Domestic students are also able to pay by direct debit on a weekly basis.
To secure your accommodation, you will need to pay a deposit by the date stated in your letter of offer. The deposit is $670 for a full year or $630 for one semester and includes an administration fee, a refundable bond and an activity fee.
If you need to cancel, there is a cut-off date in order to secure a refund of the bond and activity fee – the administration fee is non-refundable.
2021 occupancy dates
These are the contract dates for 2022:
|Term||Duration||Start date||End date|
|Full year||40 weeks||15 February 2022||22 November 2022|
|Semester one||19 weeks||15 February 2022||28 June 2022|
|Semester two||20 weeks||5 July 2022||22 November 2022|
Your accommodation contract term must reflect your study programme - if your programme of study is full year you must apply for full year accommodation.
For an overview of Massey University's accommodation at Manawatū (Palmerston North) including a comparison of halls, pricing, catering, services and support see:
University Avenue, Manawatu-Wanganui 4410, New Zealand
Take a virtual tour
Take a virtual tour of the City Court units.
Contact the office
Manawatū accommodation office
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm
+64 27 246 2316 (calls Residential Assistant on duty)
The Manawatū (Palmerston North) accommodation office is located in the YFC Building on Rehab Road.
Student Accommodation Manawatū
Private Bag 11222
Palmerston North 4442
Apply now for accommodation at Massey.