Use of facilities at the Massey Sport and Recreation Centre is subject to the following conditions to ensure the safety, comfort and enjoyment of all users, spectators and athletes.
- Users are liable for damages to equipment and facilities beyond normal "wear and tear".
- The person or group booking a facility will take responsibility for making sure all health and safety documentation has been completed and is followed.
- Any additional cleaning (beyond normal expectations) will be charged to the group who has made the booking.
- Occasionally changes will need to be made to bookings, in particular, where weather has impacted on sports grounds.
- User charges are reviewed annually.
- To avoid fees a minimum of 48 hours’ notice must be given for cancellations.
- Completion of the booking form does not guarantee any bookings.
- Glass bottles are prohibited in/on all facilities.
- The consumption of food or beverages (with the exception of water) is forbidden in all indoor activity spaces except the Activity Centre.
- Alcohol is forbidden on fields and in changing rooms.
- Alcohol may only be consumed in designated event areas when supplied through Wharerata.
- The user must clear facilities of rubbish, tape, clothes etc.
Health and safety
- Any faults in equipment or damage to facilities that may cause harm must be reported to Sport and Recreation management.
- First aid kits and automated external defibrillators (EADs) are located at both the Recreation Centre, and Sport & Rugby Institute. Users are primarily responsible for providing their own first aid and subsequent care for both participants and spectators.
- All accidents, near misses or injuries must be reported to reception staff at the Recreation Centre or Sport & Rugby Institute and an Incident Report Form completed.
- Children under the age of 15 must be actively supervised by an adult.