On this page
- Fitness Centre (gym) and recreational facilities only
- LES MILLS™ group fitness classes and recreational facilities only
- Courts membership
- Identification and proof of eligibility needed
- Approved corporates list
- Rules and code of conduct
- Follow us on social media
- Download the Massey Uni app
- Contact the office
- Related content
Our partial membership plans are a great way to make sure you are only paying for the part of the Massey Sport and Recreation Centre you want to use, or the classes you want to attend.
They're available to anyone who is not currently a Massey University student.
Fitness Centre (gym) and recreational facilities only
Prices for each membership group are in this table.
|Membership group||Three months||Six months||12 months (Payment by direct debit possible)|
|Staff and alumni rate*||$119||$229||$329|
|Wider community members' rate||$139||$259||$369|
|Discounted community rate||$132.05||$246.05||$350.55|
* Includes use of Massey gyms on the Auckland and Wellington campuses during off-peak hours, excluding group fitness classes.
Direct debit prices for a 12-month minimum payment plan for a full membership are listed in this table. You also need to pay a $15 one-off administration fee when you sign up to pay by direct debit.
|Membership group||Weekly direct debit payment||Fortnightly direct debit payment||Monthly direct debit payment|
|Staff and alumni||$6.78||$13.56||$29.38|
|Wider community members||$7.61||$15.22||$32.98|
|Discounted community rates||$7.23||$14.46||$31.33|
Membership group definitions
Massey staff and alumni rates are for the following groups:
- staff at Massey and their immediate families
- retired staff with 'Friends of the University' cards
- Massey graduates and alumni.
Discounted community concession rates are for:
- senior citizens
- approved corporates (see list on this page)
- students not at Massey.
Purchase a Fitness Centre-only membership now
You can also set up a direct debit by following these links:
- Massey staff fitness centre-only membership (ongoing contract)
- Massey alumni fitness centre-only membership (ongoing contract)
- Wider community fitness centre-only membership (ongoing contract)
- Corporates fitness centre-only membership (ongoing contract)
- Senior 65+ fitness centre-only membership (ongoing contract)
- Students outside Massey fitness centre-only membership (ongoing contract)
LES MILLS™ group fitness classes and recreational facilities only
A LES MILLS group fitness membership lets you use our recreational facilities and attend our group fitness classes, but does not include use of our gym (the Fitness Centre). The classes are a powerful way to get motivation, inspiration and fitness results.
Find out more about LES MILLS™ group fitness classes
Prices for all membership groups are:
- $99 for three months
- $189 for six months
- $299 for 12 months
Purchase a LES MILLS group fitness membership plan now
A courts membership lets you just use our recreational facilities but not attend any group fitness classes or use our gym (the Fitness Centre). You can find out about our available courts on our facilities page.
Prices for all membership groups are:
- $279 for 12 months
Purchase a courts membership now
Identification and proof of eligibility needed
- Current employees of Massey: staff ID and a copy of your Massey payslip or proof of employment letter
- Immediate family members of current staff: proof of your relationship to a Massey employee
- Retired staff: a valid 'Friends of the University' card
- Senior citizens: proof of age
- Corporates: original signed letter with business letterhead confirming you are employed by an approved corporate, a recent payslip, staff ID card, business email or other proof of corporate identity
- Students not at Massey: valid student ID required
Approved corporates list
- AgResearch (Grasslands Research Centre)
- Churchyard Physiotherapy
- Department of Corrections
- Food HQ
- Landcare Research Manaaki Whenua
- Massey Childcare Centre
- Massey Kids’ Club
- Massey Contractors (letter from FM or ITS needed to confirm this)
- New Zealand Defence Force and Partners with NZDF ID cards
- New Zealand Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Plant & Food Research
- Teachers employed by a school or Ministry of Education
Apply to have your company added by contacting: email@example.com
Rules and code of conduct
To keep our facilities safe and enjoyable for everyone we have rules, terms and conditions and a code of conduct to guide how they are used by our members. Please read and follow these when you use our facilities.
Follow us on social media
You can follow the Massey Sport and Recreation Centre on these social media sites.
Download the Massey Uni app
Get Massey Recreation Centre information in your pocket with the Massey Uni app.
Contact the office
Massey Sport and Recreation Centre, Manawatū (Palmerston North) campus
Monday to Friday, 6am to 10pm; Weekends 9am to 6pm (Semester one and two)
Monday to Friday, 6am to 9pm; Weekends 8am to 4pm (Summer hours)
+64 6 350 5080 extension 85529
New Zealand 4442