On this page
Social sports at the Massey Sport and Recreation Centre in Semester One are as follows.
- Basketball: Mondays 7pm to 10pm
- Volleyball: Tuesdays 6pm to 8pm
- Ultimate Frisbee: 6pm to 9pm
- Netball: Thursdays 7pm to 10pm
- Futsal: Sundays 7pm to 10 pm
We encourage teams of students staying in the accommodation halls, and non-halls teams, to enter the league. Non-students are also welcome to participate. Social sports are a great way to meet people and stay active while having fun.
Prices and registration
Prices for taking part in the social sports league are:
- $175 student team
- $350 non-student team
Registrations for Semester One leagues are now closed.
We have a number of basic rules you need to follow when playing in the social sports league.
- Only players from your registered team list can play - no ring ins!
- All leagues other than Futsal must have at least one female on the court at all times.
- Shoes must be worn – no shoes, no game.
- Warm up before the game to reduce risk of injury.
- Results tables are posted weekly at the Recreation Centre.
- Draws cannot be changed to suit individual teams.
Our fair play philosophy is:
- honesty in contest
- politeness between all participants (including full respect towards your supervisors)
- an acceptance in good spirit of the results.
Draws and results
Draws and results will be available once the leagues begin.
Contact the Coordinator
Massey Sport and Recreation Centre, Manawatū (Palmerston North) campus
Monday to Friday, 6am to 10pm; Weekends 9am to 6pm (Semester one and two)
Monday to Friday, 6am to 9pm; Weekends 8am to 4pm (Summer hours)
Our hours and group fitness classes are as follows:
ANZAC Day (25th April) 1pm-5pm - No group fitness classes scheduled
ANZAC Day Observed (26th April) 10am-4pm - GRIT 10.30am; all other classes cancelled
+64 6 350 5080 extension 85529
New Zealand 4442