Who we're looking for
We're looking for candidates who are enrolling in university study for the first time. You will demonstrate excellence in study, work, community, or other areas of your life.
What you'll be studying
These are undergraduate scholarships. You will be enrolling in university study for the first time.
You must be:
- a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- undertaking your first university qualification
Include the following with your application:
- a personal statement on why you have decided to commence tertiary study and your goals and objectives for tertiary study
- evidence of excellence in study, work, leadership and other factors relevant to your tertiary study goals and that demonstrates potential to excel. For example, professional references, community engagement, school awards
- a character reference. This can be from a teacher, community member, minister, Kaumātua, employer or other
- a personal statement indicating any characteristics, including cultural identity, individual background and experience, which may support equitable awarding
- your CV
- high school results (optional)
When choosing our recipients we will consider your personal factors, evidence of excellence in study, work or community as well as your character. These scholarships are designed to acknowledge excellence and enable equitable access to study for all students new to Massey undergraduate study.
Māori have distinct status as tangata whenua.
Massey recognises other groups of learners where there is a need to improve equity outcomes, including
- Pacific students
- Students with physical, learning or sensory disabilities
- Students from low socioeconomic backgrounds
- Students from refugee backgrounds
- Students who may be underrepresented because of barriers to access and success
These scholarships are also designed to support students who may be studying at tertiary for the first time as
- first in their family to attend university
- part of a career change or re-skilling