Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Educational and Developmental Psychology requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and shall have
(b) been awarded or qualified for a Master's degree in Education, Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Speech Language Therapy, or a related relevant discipline, having achieved a grade average of at least a B across all courses, or equivalent; and
(c) completed at least 60 credits of Academic Board or delegate approved psychology courses including at least 45 credits at 200 level or higher, having achieved a grade average of at least a B; and
(d) completed sufficient study and research in the area of psychology/educational psychology to be able to satisfy New Zealand Psychologists Board registration requirements; and
(e) completed at least one year of full time or equivalent part time professional experience in a field relevant to the certificate.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Certificate in Educational and Developmental Psychology shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 60 credits, comprising:
(a) the courses specified in the schedule to the certificate; and including:
(b) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Certificate in Educational and Developmental Psychology is awarded without endorsement.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|256.854||Educational and Developmental Psychology Assessment||30 credits||R 186.747, 186.754, 256.754|
|256.855||Educational and Developmental Psychology Practice||30 credits||C 256.854 R 186.748, 186.755, 256.755|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018