Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Social Work requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor of Social Work with Honours or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Certificate in Social Work shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 60 credits at 700-level, comprising courses selected from the Schedule for the Qualification.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, and at the discretion of Academic Board, students exiting the Doctor of Social Work may have a personal programme variation approved in excess of stated limits, to meet the requirements of the Postgraduate Certificate in Social Work through substitution of courses from the schedule to that degree.
4. The Postgraduate Certificate in Social Work is awarded without endorsement.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. For general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|179.702||Advanced Research Methods||30 credits|
|179.736||Substance Misuse and Addictions||30 credits|
|179.740||Social Service Supervision: Theory and Practice||30 credits|
|179.741||Social Service Management||30 credits|
|179.742||Learning in Social Service Supervision||30 credits|
|179.743||Clinical Supervision||30 credits||P 179.740|
|179.761||Current Issues and Theories in Social Service Practice||30 credits|
|179.763||Clinical Practice||30 credits|
|179.771||Child Welfare||30 credits|
|179.773||Disability Studies||30 credits|
|179.777||Disability, Consumer Rights and Advocacy||30 credits|
|179.778||Mental Health and Social Work||30 credits|
|179.783||Māori Development and the Social Services||30 credits|
|279.703||Social Policy Studies||30 credits|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018