Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Before enrolment, a candidate for the PGDipWhānauDev shall have:
(a) satisfied the requirements for a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline; or
(b) satisfied the requirements of the PGCertWhānauDev; or
(c) (i) been admitted with equivalent status as eligible to proceed to the PGDipWhānauDev; and
(ii) have relevant work in a related area to whānau development within three years of application for admission.
2. A candidate shall follow a programme of study comprising courses to the value of 120 credits selected from those listed in the Schedule for the PGCertWhānauDev and PGDipWhānauDev.
3. In order for the Postgraduate Diploma to be awarded there shall be 90 credits comprising compulsory courses, and 30 credits selected from the research methods courses outlined in the Schedule.
4. A candidate who has been awarded the PGCertWhānauDev may enrol for the diploma provided that they:
(a) surrender the PGCertWhānauDev; and
(b) follow a programme of study comprising courses to the value of 60 credits that includes 150.724 and 30 credits from the listed research courses.
5. A candidate enrolled for the PGCertWhānauDev who has not been awarded the Certificate may, on transferring to the programme of the PGDipWhānauDev, be credited with completed courses undertaken for the Certificate. For such candidates, the Qualification Regulations completed for the PGDipWhānauDev shall be deemed to apply as from the date of their enrolling for the PGCertWhānauDev.
6. A candidate's programme of study shall not exceed five calendar years of part-time study for the PGDipWhānauDev, unless a specified time of suspension or extension is approved by the Academic Board.
|150.722||Te Tū Whānau: Whānau and Society||30 credits|
|150.723||Ngā Momo Whānau: Whānau Form and Function||30 credits|
|150.724||Whakapiki Whānau: Whānau Intervention||30 credits||P 150.722 and 150.723|
|150.714||Ta Te Māori Rangahau Korero: Māori Research Methodologies||30 credits|
|168.711||Health Research Design and Method||30 credits||R 168.810 and 168.710|
|179.702||Advanced Research Methods||30 credits|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Friday 01 February 2019