Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Emergency Management requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and have been awarded:
(b) or qualified for an undergraduate degree and have completed at least two years of relevant industry or professional experience, or equivalent; or
(c) or qualified for the Graduate Certificate in Emergency Management having achieved at least a B grade average, or equivalent; or
(d) the Graduate Diploma in Emergency Management having achieved at least a B grade average, or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Emergency Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits from the schedule to the qualification; including:
(a) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification; and
(b) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Emergency Management is awarded without endorsement.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Emergency Management may be awarded with distinction or merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Emergency Management should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|130.705||Emergency Management||30 credits|
|130.701||Natural Hazards||30 credits|
|130.702||Coping with Disasters||30 credits|
|130.706||Emergency Management in Practice||30 credits|
|131.701||Development and Underdevelopment||30 credits|
|131.702||Development Management||30 credits|
|132.751||Natural Hazards and Resilient Communities||30 credits|
|230.703||Techniques and Methods in Evaluation Research||30 credits|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018