Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Management requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) shall have been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Environmental Management or an equivalent qualification.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits at 700 level, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Qualification;
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(c) at least 30 credits from each of two Options listed in the Schedule to the Qualification;
(d) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, and at the discretion of Academic Board, Candidates may be required to complete one or more bridging courses, 188.707 and/or 188.708, should their undergraduate qualification be deficient in environmental economics or applied science.
4. The Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Management is awarded without Specialisation.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Science and Technology should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|188.764||Advanced Environmental Management I||15 credits||R 188.763|
|188.765||Advanced Environmental Management II||15 credits||R 188.763|
|119.791||Special Topic||15 credits|
|119.792||Special Topic||15 credits|
|188.707||Introduction to Advanced Environmental Management I||15 credits|
|188.708||Introduction to Advanced Environmental Management II||15 credits|
|145.731||Applied Fluvial Geomorphology||15 credits||R 145.705|
|189.755||Soil and Water Pollution||30 credits||P 189.363|
|189.758||Advanced Soil Water Management||15 credits||P 189.252|
|196.712||Aquatic Ecology||30 credits||P 196.313 or 121.313|
|189.753||Soil and Land Evaluation||30 credits||P 189.364|
|189.757||Advanced Soil Conservation||15 credits||P 189.252|
|196.713||Ecology||30 credits||P 196.3xx or 199.3xx|
|196.726||Plant Ecology||30 credits||P 196.316|
|233.701||Advanced Pedology||30 credits||P 189.364|
|233.710||Geology, Hazard & Society; Environmental Geology A||15 credits||P 121.310 or 121.311 R 233.756|
|233.711||Applied Environmental Geology; Environmental Geology B||15 credits||P 121.310 or 121.311 R 233.756|
|132.738||GIS Principles and Applications||30 credits|
|132.740||GIS Programming and Practice||30 credits||P 132.738|
|152.752||Project Management||30 credits|
|189.761||Applied Remote Sensing||30 credits|
|228.769||Energy-Efficient Building Design||15 credits||P 228.741 or 228.743 R 142.769|
|233.706||Environmental Geographical Information Systems||30 credits|
|233.707||Environmental Remote Sensing||30 credits|
|238.700||Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Footprinting Principles||15 credits||P 160.1xx or 161.1xx|
|238.710||Life Cycle Assessment and Footprinting Methods||15 credits||P 238.700 or 238.300|
|238.711||Life Cycle Assessment and Footprinting Case Studies||15 credits||P 238.700|
|238.712||Use of Life Cycle Assessment to Support Decision-Making||15 credits||P 238.700 C 238.700|
|238.751||Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Emission Science||15 credits||P 189.362|
|247.790||Special Topic Applied Statistics||15 credits|
|247.791||Special Topic in Data Analysis||15 credits|
|132.735||Natural Resource Policy and Planning||30 credits|
|145.707||Economic Geography||30 credits|
|152.704||Business and Sustainability||30 credits||R 115.783|
|188.705||Natural Resource Policy||15 credits|
|228.740||Energy Policy||15 credits||R 142.740|
|228.748||Climate Change Science and Policy||15 credits||R 142.748|
|235.701||Māori Values and Resource Management||15 credits||R 188.704|
|235.707||Māori Natural Resource Policy||30 credits|
|131.704||Sustainable Development||30 credits|
|132.751||Natural Hazards and Resilient Communities||30 credits|
|176.718||Environmental Sociology||30 credits|
|188.751||Advanced Zero Waste for Sustainability||30 credits|
|218.761||Design and Management of Healthy Buildings||15 credits||R 218.760|
|228.750||Renewable Energy and Sustainable Development||15 credits||P 228.312 R 142.750|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018