Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Service Management requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor's degree or equivalent; and
(c) be working in the health and/or disability sectors.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Service Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits at 700 level, including:
(a) at least 90 credits from the Schedule to the Diploma;
(b) the core courses as listed in Schedule A for the Qualification;
(c) with the approval of the Academic Board or their delegate, up to 30 credits at 700 level from courses outside of the Schedule to the Diploma; and
(d) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Health Service Management is awarded without specialisation.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Service Management may be awarded with distinction or merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic Requirements within the prescribed timeframes. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Business should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|152.742||Health Systems Management||30 credits||R 250.742|
|157.701||Health Information Management||30 credits||R 157.711, 157.733 and 158.759.|
|152.707||Leading and Changing Organisations||30 credits||R 152.709, 152.705|
|152.743||Health Law and Policy||30 credits||R 250.743|
|152.746||Contemporary Issues in Health Service Management||30 credits||R 250.746|
|168.711||Health Research Design and Method||30 credits||R 168.810 and 168.710|
|178.718||Health Economics||30 credits|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018