Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a university Bachelor's degree with a major in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or an equivalent qualification, having achieved a B grade average or higher, over the qualifying 300-level courses;
or shall have:
(c) been awarded or qualified for a Graduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or an equivalent qualification; having achieved a B grade average or higher, over the qualification;
or shall have:
(d) completed a minimum of five years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits at 700 level, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Qualification;
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(c) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management is awarded without Specialisation.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Science and Technology should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|240.752||Integrated Logistics||30 credits|
|240.753||Supply Chain System Analysis||15 credits|
|240.755||Executive Supply Chain Management||30 credits||P 240.752 C 240.752 R 112.751|
|112.702||International Agri-Food Marketing Strategies||15 credits|
|130.705||Emergency Management||30 credits|
|152.752||Project Management||30 credits|
|238.700||Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Footprinting Principles||15 credits||P 160.1xx or 161.1xx|
|240.754||Supply Chain Optimisation||15 credits|
|240.756||Value Chain Management||15 credits|
|240.757||Logistics in Humanitarian Aid Projects||15 credits|
|240.758||Research Methods in Supply Chain Management||30 credits|
|247.792||Special Topic||15 credits|
|247.793||Special Topic||15 credits|
|287.730||Quality Management||30 credits||R 143.719, 287.733|
|287.735||Quality Improvement||15 credits||R 143.785|
|287.736||Service Quality||15 credits||R 143.786|
|287.738||Quality and Production||15 credits||R 143.788|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018