Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Certificate in Aviation Studies requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Certificate in Aviation Studies shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 60 credits, including:
(a) at least 45 credits from courses selected from the Schedule to the Certificate; and including:
(b) any compulsory courses identified in the Schedule to the Certificate;
(c) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2(a), and at the discretion of Academic Board, students exiting or proceeding to the Bachelor of Aviation or the Bachelor of Aviation Management may have a personal programme variation approved in excess of stated limits, to meet the requirements of the Certificate in Aviation Studies through substitution of courses from the schedules to those degrees.
4. The Certificate in Aviation Studies is awarded without specialisation.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|190.109||Aviation Studies||15 credits|
|190.115||Introduction to Aeronautics||15 credits||R 190.110 or 190.111 or CPL (A or H)|
|190.116||Introduction to Management in Aviation||15 credits|
|190.117||Introduction to Human Factors||15 credits||R 190.107|
|190.118||Aeroscience I||15 credits||P Permission Head of School R 190.103 and 190.106|
|190.119||Aeroscience II||15 credits||P 190.118|
|190.206||Aerodynamics I||15 credits||P 190.118 and 190.119|
|190.211||Aviation Strategic Management||15 credits|
|190.215||Heavy Aeroplane Performance||15 credits||P 190.102 or 190.110 or 190.111 or CPL R 190.202 or 190.235 or 190.237 or 90.252|
|190.216||Aviation Human Factors||15 credits||P 190.107 or 190.117 R 190.205|
|190.220||Managing Airline Systems||15 credits||P 190.116|
|190.222||Basic Air Safety Investigation||15 credits||P 190.115 or 190.110 or 190.111 or CPL (A or H)|
|190.224||Environmental Impacts of Aviation||15 credits|
|190.225||Introduction to Research Methods in Aviation||15 credits||P Any 190.1xx course|
|190.240||Air Power||15 credits|
|190.249||Aircraft Maintenance Management||30 credits||P 190.220 or 190.244 or AMEL|
|190.256||Aerodynamics II||15 credits||P 190.206|
|190.299||Aviation Special Topic||15 credits||P PHOS R 190.291 and 190.292|
|190.301||Flight Instructor Human Factors||15 credits||P PHOS|
|190.302||Check and Training for Airlines||15 credits||P 190.235 or 190.237 or ATPL|
|190.306||Airline Strategic Management||15 credits||P 190.211|
|190.307||Airport Planning||15 credits||P Any 190.2xx course|
|190.308||Airport Operational Management||15 credits||P Any 190.2xx course|
|190.309||Design of Airways and Air Traffic Systems||15 credits||P Any 190.2xx course|
|190.313||Advanced Aviation Human Factors||15 credits||P 190.205 or 190.216|
|190.314||Legal Issues in Aviation||15 credits||P Any 190.2xx course|
|190.317||Evaluation Methods in Aviation||15 credits||P 190.217, 190.225 or Part III ATP|
|190.327||Managing Cultures in Aviation||15 credits||P 190.205 or 190.216|
|190.328||Aviation Management Practicum||15 credits||P 15 credits at 200-level from 190 prefix courses and Permission Head of School|
|190.340||Contemporary Issues in Aviation Security||15 credits|
|190.398||Special Topic||15 credits||P PHOS R 190.399|
|190.399||Aviation Special Topic||15 credits||P PHOS R 190.398|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018