Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Certificate in Visual Arts requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Certificate in Visual Arts shall follow a flexible course of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 60 credits, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Qualification; and including:
(b) attending contact courses, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, with the approval of Academic Board or their delegate, relevant courses may be substituted for courses included in the Certificate in Visual Arts schedule beyond the normal permitted limits.
4. The Certificate in Visual Arts is awarded without endorsement.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|197.119||Coding for Creative Practice||15 credits|
|197.122||Digital Fabrication||15 credits|
|197.191||Art and Design: Special Topic I||15 credits||P Permission course coordinator|
|212.100||Fashion Pattern Making||15 credits||R 212.203|
|212.101||Fashion Construction||15 credits||R 212.205|
|213.150||Painting||15 credits||R 213.203|
|213.151||Contemporary Sculpture||15 credits||R 213.204|
|213.154||Contemporary Drawing||15 credits|
|213.155||Drawing the Body I||15 credits|
|221.100||Photography as an Agent of Change||15 credits|
|222.103||Social Media Culture||15 credits|
|222.104||Printmaking||15 credits||R 222.209|
|237.117||Māori Art and Design Studio I - Toi Atea||15 credits||R 197.117|
|237.130||Communication for Makers||15 credits||R 237.101, 237.114|
|237.131||Conversations in Creative Cultures||15 credits||R 237.102|
|289.101||Introduction to Web and Mobile Media||15 credits|
|289.102||Visualisation for Media Production||15 credits|
|289.103||Introduction to Computer Animation||15 credits|
|289.104||Introduction to Visual Effects and Motion Graphics||15 credits|
|289.105||Introduction to Digital Video Production||15 credits|
|289.106||Introduction to Game Technologies and Mechanics||15 credits|
|289.107||Introduction to Audio Production and Sound Design||15 credits|
|289.108||Introduction to Animatronics and Modelling||15 credits|
|289.190||Creative Media Production Special Topic 1a||15 credits|
|289.191||Creative Media Production Special Topic 1b||15 credits|
|289.192||Creative Media Production Special Topic 1c||15 credits|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Friday 02 November 2018