Skip to Content
The Andrew Turnbull Scholarship was set up in 2011 from funds gifted to Massey University by Mr Andrew Turnbull, a farmer from Taranaki, and is to support a deserving agricultural student who was not eligible for agricultural scholarships earlier in the year of application due to being enrolled for the intermediate veterinary programme at that time.
1. The Andrew Turnbull Scholarship shall have a value determined each year from the interest earned on the capital, and shall be open to students enrolled in the 1st Year of an undergraduate degree in agriculture at Massey University who were enrolled in the intermediate veterinary programme in Semester 1 of the year of application.
2. The scholarship will be awarded annually by the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee provided that applications are of sufficient merit. Award shall be based on the candidate’s academic attainment, though preference will be given to applicants who show a genuine interest in pursuing a career in agriculture. The quality of the application will also be taken into consideration.
3. In the event of no award being made, funds may be carried forward to subsequent years. Scholarships will be tenable for one year only.
4. The award shall be paid in October subject to satisfactory academic progress. The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
5. Applications close with the Scholarships Office on 10 September each year.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/06/2019.Download an application form
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 18 June 2019