Skip to Content
Closing date: 15 October
This Bursary was established in 2014 by the Auckland Agricultural & Pastoral Association, an organisation that has been operating since 1843 under a guiding principle to promote excellence in the fields of agricultural and veterinary science.
1. There shall be two Bursaries offered annually called the Auckland A & P Association Bursaries, each with a value of $2000.
2. Candidates must be undertaking the first year of an undergraduate degree at Massey University in the year that they apply. One Bursary each year will be awarded to a student within an agricultural degree and the other Bursary to a student studying veterinary science.
3. Candidates will only be eligible if they have previously studied at a secondary school within the Auckland Region.
4. A CONDITION of the Bursary is that recipients must attend the Auckland Easter Show in the year they receive the award and provide 50 hours of assistance with animal husbandry of the livestock at the Show, and also attend an evening at the Show at which their award will be acknowledged. Accommodation and meals will be provided.
5. The Bursaries shall be offered annually but will not be awarded if no suitable candidates apply. They will be tenable for one year only.
6. The award shall be paid in the May following application subject to satisfactory completion of the requirement to assist at the Auckland Easter Show. The Bursaries may be held in conjunction with other awards.
7. Selection of the Bursary recipients shall be made by members of the Auckland A & P Association in consultation with the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee, and will be based mainly on academic performance in the first semester and school results.
8. Applications close with the Scholarships Office on 15 October in the year in prior to which the award is to be made.
9. Application forms can be downloaded from http://awards.massey.ac.nz/ (click the box at the bottom of this page) or from Massey Contact, Massey University, Private Bag 11-222, Manawatu Mail Centre, Palmerston North 4442, email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 29 November 2016