Skip to Content
The trustees of funds given in memory of the late Kirsa Jensen of Hawkes Bay have asked that Massey University administer a proportion of these funds as indicated below. In explanation it should be noted that it was the intention of Kirsa Jensen, had she survived, to study Veterinary Science.
1. The Kirsa Jensen Award is established by a trust fund vested in the University and given in the memory of the late Kirsa Jensen of Hawkes Bay.
2. The award shall be made annually by the University Council on the recommendation of the Academic Board after consultation with Veterinary Programme Scholarships Committee.
3. Applications shall be made in writing and will close on 5 April of the year for which the award is sought.
4. The awardees shall be selected from students entering the third, fourth or fifth year of the BVSc degree. Need as well as academic attainment shall be taken into account when making the selection.
5. The award shall be held only once by each recipient although, in exceptional circumstances, this regulation may be waived.
6. Although the award may be held concurrently with other scholarships or bursaries the Scholarship Committee shall take such emoluments into account when assessing the overall needs of the applicant.
7. The emolument shall be determined each year from the interest earned on the capital fund. Part of the annual interest may be reinvested at the discretion of the University in order to maintain the capital fund or, in the event of no applications or suitable applications being received, the whole of the annual interested may be reinvested.
8. Payment of the emolument shall be in one sum during the first semester of the academic year.
9. If, for good reason, there shall be need to vary the terms of the award, this shall be done by the council on the recommendation of the Academic Board provided that the general intent of the award shall be maintained and the council shall be the judge of this.
10. Applications close 5 April 2013 with the Scholarships Office.
11.Application forms are available on stream to eligible students.
PLEASE NOTE: applications are not available until approximately one month prior to the closing date.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Page authorised by Dean, Graduate Research School
Last updated on Monday 04 November 2013