Skip to Content
1. This Scholarship has been established by the Sinclair Cummings Trust and will be known as the Sinclair Cummings Veterinary and Animal Sciences Scholarship.
2. The Trust has been established to assist in promoting and encouraging veterinary and animal science studies relevant to high country farming. The Scholarship will be open to any postgraduate student in the Institute of Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences for the purpose of promoting and encouraging veterinary and animal science studies in New Zealand or overseas with the settlor expressing the wish but not a binding trust that preference be given to assistance in fields relevant to Sinclair Cumming's life occupation as a high country sheep farmer.
3. The total grant under the Scholarship will be up to $10,000 per annum. At the discretion of the Selection Committee, the amount of the award may be shared by one or more recipients.
4. Recommendations from the Selection Committee consisting of the Director of Postgraduate Studies, the Director of Research and Commercialisation and one other staff member, together with a summary of the applications, will be submitted to the Perpetual Trust Limited for their consideration and final recommendation of the Trustees of the Sinclair Cummings Charitable Trust. The Scholarship shall be awarded by the Executive of the Institute of Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences.
5. Perpetual Trust Limited will make payment into a Massey University account to assist the successful applicant with expenses related to the research project.
6. The successful applicant(s) will be required to write a progress report six months after the research has commenced, with a final report at the end of the project. Both reports will be sent to the Perpetual Trust Limited., P O Box 112, Christchurch 8140.
7. If, in any year, there are no suitable applicants for this scholarship, after consultation with Perpetual Trust Limited, a sum no greater than the value of the scholarship may be awarded to support research by one or more staff member(s) provided that the research projects are approved by the Institute of Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences. Selection and approval of research projects will follow the same process as in item 4.
Application forms are available from the Scholarships Office, Massey University http://awards.massey.ac.nz/ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and should be submitted to the Scholarships Office by 1 December.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 29 November 2016