Skip to Content
The Korea-New Zealand Agricultural Cooperation Scholarships (KNZACS) are jointly funded by the governments of the Republic of Korea and New Zealand, and are jointly administered by the Korea Agency of Education, Promotion and Information Services in Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (EPIS) and Education New Zealand (ENZ).
The KNZACS will give Korean students the opportunity to pursue post-graduate study in New Zealand in the fields of agriculture, forestry and fisheries. These scholarships will promote greater understanding between Korea and New Zealand, and strengthen the trade and economic relationship in these sectors.
The scholarship covers
-New Zealand University fees and associated student levies for duration of study
-Stipend of (NZD30,000 per year). This must also cover flights, medical and travel insurance (mandatory) and accommodation.
Applicants must meet all eligibility criteria.
1. You must hold current citizenship of the Republic of Korea.
2. You must hold a minimum equivalent GPA of B+ in your most recent or highest tertiary qualification
3. You must conduct your study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
4. You must meet the requirements for direct entry into masters or PhD programmes (as relevant) at a New Zealand University, including having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency
5. If you have already got admission into PhD studies at a New Zealand university starting in 2016, you are eligible to apply for the scholarship. However, your official start date must be after the final selection process – which will be August or September 2016. If you are shortlisted, you will also need to be able to attend an interview in Korea, at your own expense.
Applicants will be selected on the degree to which their proposed research will facilitate the establishment of closer co-operation between Korea and New Zealand by addressing one or more of the following:
-Enhancing the partnership aspects of the Free Trade Agreement and advancing closer collaboration in areas of mutual interest;
-Promoting understanding and strengthening of the trade and economic relationship in the agriculture, forestry or fisheries sectors; and
-Building upon existing agriculture and forestry co-operative arrangements between Korea and New Zealand aimed at;
i.Increasing co-operation in areas of mutual interest
ii.Facilitating trade and investment, including by exploring new opportunities in the agriculture, forestry or fisheries sectors
iii.Facilitating the role of research, science, technology and education in the agriculture, forestry or fisheries sectors
iv.Encouraging the important role of the private sector in promoting and building strategic alliances to encourage mutual growth and development; and
v.Promoting adherence to international rules and obligations.
-Application Form(in both Korean and English)
-Academic Transcripts and Certificates of Completion (in English)
-Credential Evaluation Report (in English)
-Proof of English Language Proficiency
-Academic References (x2)
-Provisional Supervision Form
-Evidence of (unconditional) offer of place at a New Zealand University
-Proof of Korean Citizenship
Before you apply
Access all documents at www.epis.or.kr or from www.mafra.go.kr
1. Check the KNZACS Eligibility Criteria and ensure you comply before going any further
2. Read the KNZACS Selection Criteria. Your proposed research must meet at least one of these criteria
3. Check that you can supply all required documents by the deadline for applications.
How to Apply
Download the application form and required documents from:
www.epis.or.kr or from www.mafra.go.kr
Application forms and all required documents must arrive at the EPIS Office by;
08 July 2017, no later than 1700hours, KST
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Application cannot be accepted before 08/04/2018.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 29 November 2016