Air BP Scholarship

Add to My shortlist

New Search    

Closing date: 26/10/2017   

NOT TO BE ADVERTISED


The criteria for these scholarships are as follows:

1.The Air BP Scholarships are established by Air BP and exist as long as Air BP is the fuel contractor to the Massey University School of Aviation. The emolument is not fixed, but varies according to the fuel consumed by the School. The amount of the annual capital received will be determined each year by the fuel throughput paid by the School. The University will retain 10% of the capital sum to administer the fund. The balance of the capital fund will be used for two scholarships.

2.The scholarships shall be awarded once a year as follows:

(a)Eighty percent of the balance of the capital fund will be awarded to the student obtaining the highest grade point average in the first semester of the Flight Instructor's Course (FIC) and gaining a 'C' Cat Instructor Rating.

(b)Twenty percent of the balance of the capital fund will be awarded to the student obtaining the highest grade point average at the completion of the first year of the BAv - Air Transport Pilot (ATP) major.

3.In the case of two or more students attaining highest equal grade point average, the semester's work of each candidate in the course will be taken into account in order to find a sole winner for each award.

4.Of the amount awarded to each recipient, 60% will be paid towards such flying at the School as the recipient may choose, and the remaining 40% will be disbursed as a cash grant.

5.The scholarships shall be awarded by the Donor on the recommendation of the General Manager of Aviation.

6.The Donor reserves the right to review the conditions of the scholarships annually.

7.For further information contact the General Manager (06) 355 0047 or fax (06) 350 5724.

8. This scholarship is paid by the Massey University School of Aviation.

Application cannot be accepted before 26/07/2017.

New Search    

My Shortlist

Massey Contact Centre Mon - Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm 0800 MASSEY (+64 6 350 5701) TXT 5222 contact@massey.ac.nz Web chat Staff Alumni News Māori @ Massey