Skip to Content
The Seed Tech Services Scholarships were first offered in 2005, and use funding generated by the Seed Tech Services to support postgraduate students specialising in agronomy. Seed Tech Services is a commercial seed testing company that operates from within the Institute of Natural Resources at Massey University, and is accredited to the International Seed Testing Association (ISTA).
1. The Seed Tech Services Scholarship shall have a total value of up to $15,000 per annum and be open to full-time postgraduate students at Massey University undertaking research involving agricultural plants, such as pasture, crops, seeds and trees. Preference may be given to honours students, and to projects that involve some aspect of seed biology or seed technology.
2. The scholarship shall be awarded on the recommendation of a selection committee comprising the chairperson of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee, the leader of the Agronomy Teaching Group and a representative from Seed Tech Services.
3. Each scholarship will normally be at least $5000, depending on the number awarded in one year.
4. The first payment will be in May of the year that the application is made, but payments may involve several instalments depending on the size of the award, with later instalments conditional on good progress being made with the programme of study.
5. The scholarship is only payable for the year in which the application was made, but recipients may apply for the scholarship again in the following year for those programmes longer than 1 year in duration.
6. Applications close on the 10 March in the year in which the award is to be made. Application forms (ASSC.3) can be downloaded here. Completed applications are to be sent to Dr Kerry Harrington, K.Harrington@massey.ac.nz. Alternatively, hard copy applications can be delivered to Dr Kerry Harrington’s office AH 302.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2018.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 29 November 2016