Skip to Content
The Scholarship was established in August 2009 and is funded by OMV NZ Ltd.
The main purpose of the Scholarship is to sponsor pioneering New Zealand students. For: assistance and research.
Closing date 21 December 2017
Value of award: (up to) NZ$8,000 per scholarship
- Application by form [CV, portfolio etc.] is made to OMV NZ Ltd.
- An OMV selection committee assesses the applications
- Scholarships awarded Q1 2018
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com subject ‘Scholarship 2018’ and should include:
- Project outline
- List of project deliverables (for example, a copy of the final thesis)
- Curriculum vitae
- Character references
- Academic transcript to date
- Project supervisors, their credentials and specialities
- Student’s contact details
1. The scholarship/s shall be known as the OMV New Zealand Ltd. scholarship award.
2. Each scholarship is awarded annually for one academic year of study, to a value of up to NZ$8,000.
3. The scholarship/s will be awarded to post graduate candidates who have paid the fees, or arranged to pay the fees for part or full-time enrolment in an applicable study area.
4. Scholarships will be awarded to New Zealand citizens and residents attending either a New Zealand university institution, or an internationally recognised overseas university institution (see list of ac-credited universities by the International Association of Universities).
5. Selection will be based upon both academic merits and the potential of the project to the industry.
6. The scholarship will normally be paid in two instalments, 50% in the first semester and 50% in the second semester following submission of the mid-year report. The scholarship may be modified or relaxed in special circumstances to avoid hardship to any scholarship recipient.
7. The scholarship may be concurrently held with any other award or grant provided a) the terms of that award or grant permit and b) OMV NZ Ltd. is informed and approves.
8. Each recipient shall provide mid and end year academic progress reports to OMV NZ Ltd.
9. OMV NZ Ltd. has the power to terminate or suspend a scholarship if the recipient has violated the University Statute on Conduct (or equivalent thereof), or has failed to comply with any of the terms and conditions on which the scholarship was awarded.
10. OMV NZ Ltd. is not obliged to make an award if in any year there is no candidate of sufficient merit.
11. Applications close at 5pm, 21 December.
12. An award will be subject to final documentation between the parties.
Application cannot be accepted before 21/09/2017.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 29 November 2016