Professor of Artificial Intelligence
Chair of Research and International,
of Natural and Mathematical Sciences (INMS),
Private Bag 102-904, North Shore Mail Centre
Mobile: ask me
Free Phone: 0800-Massey (ext. 43258)
Curriculum Vita | Publications | Projects | Scholarships |Research | Click onto Science | PhD thesis | Photos |
Project: No Longer Lost in Recognition: Development of Novel Large‐Vocabulary Continuous Speech Recognition Techniques (2014-2016)—Speech Processing using Machine Learning
Funding Body: Marsden Fund - Full
· Prof Ruili Wang - Project Leader
· International Associate Investigators:
Prof. Tatsuya Kawahara, Kyoto University, JAPAN
A/Prof. IR Lane Carnegie Mellon University, USA
A/Prof. A Lee, Nagoya Institute of Technology, JAPAN
· NZ Associate Investigators:
A/ Professor WH, Abdulla, The University of Auckland
Dr DJ Joseph, Massey University
Please feel free to contact me if we can work collaboratively in any area.
· Image Processing (e.g., Human Action Recognition)
· Data Mining/Big data
· Intelligent Systems (e.g., intelligent tutoring systems)
· Autonomous vehicles
2. Complex Systems (intra-cellular transport systems, molecular motor traffic, vehicular traffic flow)
Master or PhD students in Computer Science and Information Technology:
I am looking for postgraduate research students. If you have a background in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Information Technology/Science, Electronic or Electrical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering , Physics, Mathematics, Biology (e.g., Bio-physics, Bio-chemistry), Finance, or other Engineering (e.g., Bio-engineering, Mechanical, Civil), you are welcome to study your Master degree or PhD with me. You can study with me to get a PhD in Computer Science or Information Technology, which also suits your background. If you can have your own scholarship, you are more than welcome.
If you have got first class degree(s) and excellent academic records (GPA of A- or above), please contact me directly. I am willing to help you to achieve your goal and help you to obtain a scholarship. Projects offered will be flexible. TOP, TOP, Plus!!! If you can obtain Top Achiever Scholarship, Massey VC-PhD scholarship, Massey PhD Scholarship, Massey Masterate Scholarship, New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships, CSC scholarships or any other scholarships, I will TOP it up with some additional financial assistance plus financially support for you to attend international conferences. If you need any assistance to apply for this scholarship, please contact me by email or phone.
I am the supervisor of the following postgraduate students:
1. Mr.Yuanhang Qiu, enrolled as PhD candidate in 2018 at Massey University CSC (Chinese Scholarship Council) PhD Scholarship Recipient
2. Ms. Sophia Jia, enrolled as PhD candidate in 2018 at Massey University
3. Mr Satwinder Singh, enrolled as PhD candidate in 2018 at Massey University
4. Mr Zhizhong Ma, enrolled as PhD candidate in 2018 at Massey University
5. Mr. Jiawei Zhao, enrolled in PhD in 2017 at Massey University
6. Mr Meng Zong, enrolled in PhD in 2017 at Massey University, New Zealand Government, PhD Scholarship Recipient
7. Ms Wanting Ji, enrolled in PhD in 2017 at Massey University, CSC (Chinese Scholarship Council) PhD Scholarship Recipient
8. Mr Junbo Ma, enrolled in PhD in 2015 at Massey University, full scholarship
I am the international co-supervisor of the following PhD students in China:
9. Mr Sibghat Bazai, Massey University
10. Mr. Dawei Zhao, National University of Defence Technology
11. Mr. Junxiang Li, National University of Defence Technology
12. Ms. Huihui Wang, Nanjing University (published one in IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics)
13. Mr. Mufeng Lin, Nanjing University (has co-authored one paper with me, which is published in the journal of World Wide Web )
Graduated research students:
I have supervised the following PhD students to completion:
1. Dr Yi Di, graduated in 2018 from Nanjing University of Science and Technology
2. Dr Changjuan Jing, graduated 2017 from Massey University, CSC (Chinese Scholarship Council) PhD Scholarship Recipient
3. Dr Liang Xiao, graduated in 2017, National University of Defence Technology (has co-authored two papers with me including one in Information Science)
4. Dr Congyang Wei, graduated in 2017, National University of Defence Technology (has co-authored two papers with me including one in Robotics and Autonomous Systems)
5. Dr Chuanxiang Li, graduated in 2017, National University of Defence Technology (has co-authored two papers with me)
6. Dr Dawei Zhao, graduated in 2017, National University of Defence Technology (has co-authored two papers with me)
7. Dr Tongtong Chen, graduated in 2016, National University of Defence Technology (has co-authored two papers with me including one in IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems)
8. Dr Yuqiang Fang, graduate in 2015 from National University of Defence Technology (has co-authored two papers with me. One in IEEE ICDM and one in IEEE TKDE)
9. Dr Nagender Suryadevara, graduated in 2014 from Massey University.
10. Dr Xinguo Chen, graduated in 2014 from Nanjing University, now works at Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications. He has co-authored one paper with me in IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems.
11. Dr Jason Gang Liu, Massey University (graduated in 2013), TIF PhD Scholarship Recipient (I was the chief supervisor) researcher in a multi-national company in Auckland, New Zealand
12. Dr Yinghua Shi, Nanjing University (graduated in 2012), Assistant Professor at Nanjing University
13. Dr Frank Luofeng XU, Massey University (graduated in 2012), Massey PhD Scholarship Recipient (I was the chief supervisor of his PhD. Frank published 1 journal paper and 2 conference papers with me), lecturer at Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology
14. Dr Norliza Katuk (Liza) Massey University (graduated in 2011), Malaysian Government PhD Scholarship Recipient, I was the chief supervisor of her PhD. Liza completed her PhD in 2 year 10 months, currently works as a university teacher in Malaysia
15. Dr Matthew Mingzhe LIU (graduated in 2011), PhD student Massey PhD Scholarship Recipient (I was the chief supervisor of his PhD (till 2009) and Master Degree, Matthew published over 12 journal papers with me), professor in China
16. Dr Jingli Lu, Massey University (graduated in 2010), TIF PhD Scholarship Recipient (I was the chief supervisor of her PhD. Jingli completed her PhD in 3 years and 4 months and published 3 journal papers and 2 conference papers with me), researcher in AgResearch, New Zealand
17. Dr Yaomin Yuan, University of Science and Technology China (graduated in 2009). I am one of his co-supervisors of his PhD. Yaomin published 6 journal papers with me)
I was the supervisor for the following Masters students:
1. Mr. Matthew Mingzhe LIU, BSc (Hons), MSc (China) MSc student, graduated in 2005 with first class Honours with grade A. (I was the chief supervisor of his Master Degree, Matthew published over 1 journal paper with me during his Master study)
2. Mr. Donn Morrison, BEng (Canada), MSc student, graduated in 2005 with first class Honours with grade A. ( I was the chief supervisor of his Master Degree, Matthew published over 1 journal paper and 2 conference papers with me during his Master study)
3. Ms Fei Wang, MSc student (2014), Massey University
4. Mr Mohammed N Almujil, MSc student (2016), Massey University
5. Ms Rawan Jaber, MSc student (2017), Massey University
Jointly (as co-PI)
9. S. Zhang, X. Li, M. Zong, X. Zhu, and R. Wang (2017) Efficiency kNN Classification with Different Numbers of Nearest Neighbors
IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (ERA rank A*) http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TNNLS.2017.2673241
10. C. Wei, R. Wang (corresponding author) et al. (2016) Plane-based Scan Registration with Moving Vehicles Exclusion Vol.83, Pages 261–274,
Robotics and Autonomous Systems (ERA rank A). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2016.05.007
11. T. Chen, R. Wang, B. Dai, D. Liu and J. Song (2016)
Likelihood-field-model-based Dynamic Vehicle Detection and Tracking for Self-driving, Vol. 17 (11) page 3142-3158
IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ERA rank A) http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2016.2542258 .
12. H. Wang, Y. Gao, Y. Shi and R. Wang (2016) Group-based Alternating Direction Method of Multipliers for Distributed Linear Classification
IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics (in press) (ERA rank A). http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=7482805
Neural Computing and Applications (in press) (ERA rank B). http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00521-016-2375-8
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (ERA rank A) http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TKDE.2014.2312322
15. J. Guo, P. Yi, R. Wang, Q. Ye and C. Zhao (2014) Feature Selection for Least Squares Projection Twin Support Vector Machine, Vol 144, Pages 174–183
Neurocomputing (ERA rank B), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2014.05.040
Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol. 76, Issue 3, pp 563-582 http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10846-013-9889-4#
IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems,Vol. (ERA rank: A*)http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=6570737&tag=1
World Wide Web journal, Volume 16, Issue 4, pp 379-398, Springer (SCI, Impact factor: 0.513; ERA ranking: A)
19. Suryadevara, NK, Mukhopadhyay, SC., Wang, R., and Rayudu, RK. (2013).
Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. 26(10), 2641-2652. (ERA rank B)
IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (IEEE-ICDM2012) (ERA ranking: A conference)
Speech Communication, Vol. 53 (2) Pages 175-184. Elsevier Science (Impact factor 1.229, SCI, ERA ranking: A)
Spontaneous symmetry breaking on a multi-channel hollow cylinder
Physics Letters A, Vol. 375, Pages 318–323. Elsevier Science (Impact factor 2.174, SCI, ERA ranking B).
Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol. 160 (17), Pages 2505-2523 (Impact factor 1.373, SCI, ERA ranking: A).
Mining class-bridge rules based on rough sets
Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.36 (3), Part 2, pp 6453-6460. Elsevier Science (Impact factor 1.177)
Asymmetric exclusion processes on m-input n-output junction with parallel update,
Physica A. Mathematics and Theoretical, Vol. 388 (19), Pages 4068-4074. (Impact factor 1.430, SCI, ERA ranking: A)
Defect-induced transitions in synchronous asymmetric exclusion processes
Physics Letters A 373, 195–200. Elsevier Science (Impact factor 2.174, SCI).
Pheromone routing protocol on a scale-free network,
Physics Review E, The American Physical Society. (Impact factor 2.483, SCI accepted, ERA ranking: A)
Urban traffic simulated from the dual representation: Flow, Crisis and Congestion.
Physics Letters A, Elsevier Science. (Impact factor 2.174, SCI, in press)
Vol. 77, 051108 Physical Review E, (Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics),
The American Physical Society. (Impact factor 2.438, SCI, ERA ranking: A)
Physica A (Statistical Mechanics and its Applications). Vol. 387, Issues 2-3, Pages 457-466 (16 pages).
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physa.2007.09.042 Elsevier Science (IF 1.430, SCI, EI, ERA ranking: A)
Speech Communication Vol. 49 (2007) pp. 98–112, Elsevier Science (IF 1.178, SCI, ERA ranking: A)
Physical Review E, (Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics) (IF 2.438, SCI, ERA ranking: A)
Vol. 76, 036116. (10 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.76.036116 ), The American Physical Society.
International Journal of Law and Information Technology, Oxford Press.
Computer Physics Communications, Elsevier Science. (IF 1.644, SCI)
Vol. 147/1-2, pp.570-576
(Last updated in 28/03/2016)