BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
- Help using the Massey University Calendar
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Degree of Bachelor of Creative Media Production (Honours)
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Bachelor of Creative Media Production Honours requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor of Creative Media Production, having achieved at least a B grade average over the highest level courses, or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Bachelor of Creative Media Production Honours shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) at least 120 credits at 700 and 800 levels from the Schedule to the degree;
(b) the compulsory courses as listed in the Schedule; and
(c) attending contact workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and/or laboratories as required.
3. The Bachelor of Creative Media Production (Honours) is awarded without a subject.
4. The Degree of Bachelor of Creative Media Production (Honours) is awarded with a class of Honours.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation, may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
8. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Bachelor of Creative Media Production (Honours)
Compulsory Courses (105 credits from)
289.701 Prototyping and Development for Advanced Creative Media Production Projects 30 credits
289.702 Critical Frameworks for Creative Media Production 15 credits
Compulsory Course Selection (15 credits from)
197.705 Independent Study 15 credits
289.703 Contemporary Creative Media Production Project 15 credits
P Permission Head of School
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020