Crisis management is in place following flooding in Auckland. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements; and shall:
(a) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor of Design, or equivalent; or
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor of Fine Arts, or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of 700-level courses totalling at least 60 credits from the Schedule to the certificate.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, subject to the approval of the Academic Board or their delegate variation in excess of the limits specified in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates is permitted.
4. The Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts is awarded without specialisation.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Postgraduate Certificate in Creative Arts
150707 Te Tataitanga Matatau: Advanced Studio Practice 90 credits
150725 Rangahau Whakairo: Pre-Thesis Practicum (Part I) 60 credits
150726 Rangahau Whakairo: Pre-Thesis Practicum (Part II) 60 credits
197701 Creative Research Practices I 30 credits
197703 Creative Research Special Topic A 30 credits
197704 Creative Research Special Topic B 15 credits
197705 Independent Study 15 credits
197706 Advanced Digital Fabrication for Creative Res 1 15 credits
P Appraisal Required
197707 Advanced Digital Fabrication for Creative Res 2 15 credits
P Appraisal Required
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 29 September 2022