Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in International Development requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor of Arts with a major in Development Studies, or equivalent; or
(c) have been awarded or qualified for any Bachelor's degree and have industry experience of an appropriate kind and duration.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in International Development shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits at 700 level, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Diploma; and including
(b) any compulsory courses.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in International Development is awarded without a specialisation.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in International Development may be awarded with distinction or merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation, may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in International Development should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|131.701||Development and Underdevelopment||30 credits|
|131.702||Development Management||30 credits|
|131.703||Gender and Development||30 credits|
|131.704||Sustainable Development||30 credits|
|131.706||Globalisation and Development||30 credits|
|131.707||Development Research Design||30 credits|
|131.708||Development Practicum||30 credits||P 131.701 or 131.702; Permission from Head of Programme|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018