The Wellington region is at Alert Level 2. Massey COVID-19 information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
- Help using the Massey University Calendar
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Social Service Supervision
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Social Service Supervision requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified;
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a relevant Bachelor's degree, or equivalent;
(c) be professionally qualified in a social service field.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Social Service Supervision shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) courses as specified in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(b) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2(a), a candidate who has completed course(s) equivalent to a course included in the Schedule may, with the approval of the Academic Board or their delegate, be permitted to substitute it with an approved 30-credit 700-level course.
4. The Postgraduate Diploma in Social Service Supervision is awarded without endorsement.
5. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma may be awarded with distinction or merit.
6. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Qualifications will apply. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Social Work should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Postgraduate Diploma in Social Service Supervision
Compulsory courses (120 credits from)
179.740 Social Service Supervision: Theory and Practice 30 credits
179.741 Social Service Management 30 credits
179.742 Learning in Social Service Supervision 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020