BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
- Help using the Massey University Calendar
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Foundation Certificate in Agriculture
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University.
1. Admission to the Foundation Certificate in Agriculture requires that the candidate will have successfully completed, to the satisfaction of Academic Board:
(a) 12 weeks of farm employment; or
(b) A level 3 NZQF Certificate that is agriculture-related.
and will have
(c) been selected into the programme on the basis of interview, if required by the Academic Board or their delegate
2. Candidates for the Foundation Certificate in Agriculture shall follow a fixed programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 60 credits, comprising:
(a) the courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(b) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Foundation Certificate in Agriculture is awarded without specialisations.
4. A candidate's programme of study may not exceed two years from date of first enrolment in the Foundation Certificate in Agriculture.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Foundation Certificate in Agriculture
117.006 Animal Production and Health 15 credits
119.106 Farm and Industry Study 15 credits
189.006 Soil Productivity 15 credits
283.006 Pasture and Crop Production 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Friday 18 September 2020