COVID-19 update: All of New Zealand is now at Orange. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Foundation Certificate (International - Accelerated)
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University.
1. Admission to the Foundation Certificate (International - Accelerated) requires that the candidate will:
(a) Have completed NCEA Level 3, or equivalent; and
(b) if English is not the applicant's first language, have achieved an IELTS of 6.0 overall with no band less than 5.5, or equivalent TOEFL score, or other evidence acceptable to Academic Board.
2. Candidates for the Foundation Certificate (International - Accelerated) shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 60 credits, comprising:
(a) the core courses listed in Schedule A for the Foundation Certificate (International - Accelerated) schedule; and
(b) courses selected for one pathway as listed in Schedule B for the Foundation Certificate (International - Accelerated);
(c) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Foundation Certificate (International - Accelerated) is awarded without specialisation.
4. A candidate's programme of study may not normally exceed four academic years from date of first enrolment in a course to be credited to the Foundation Certificate (International - Accelerated),
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
Unsatisfactory Academic Progress
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Foundation Certificate (International - Accelerated)
Core Courses (30 credits from)
115.018 Introduction to Academic Communications 15 credits
115.019 Socio-cultural context of Aotearoa New Zealand 15 credits
Pathway Courses (30 credits from)
115.020 Accounting Fundamentals 15 credits
115.021 Economics Fundamentals 15 credits
115.022 Mathematics Fundamentals 15 credits
115.023 Management Fundamentals 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 13 January 2022