Our Wellington and Manawatū campuses are open, Auckland remains closed at AL3. More information.
An Introduction to Sensory Evaluation one-day course*
Consumer Sensory Science Training
Onsite: Coming in 2022
Online: any time
Onsite: Massey University, Palmerston North, NZ*
This interactive course, with its balance of theory and practical, introduces the application of sensory evaluation techniques for the food industry. It focuses on measuring the sensory attributes of food, as opposed to measuring consumer opinion, which we cover in our follow-on course on Consumer Sensory Testing.
This course is suitable for a range of individuals who need an introduction, or refresher, to sensory evaluation including those involved in sensory testing, consumer testing, quality assurance and product development or anyone working alongside these industry functions.
- Sensory Evaluation
- Exploring the senses
- How to recruit sensory panels
- Introducing Discrimination tests
- Introducing Descriptive Analysis Techniques
- Using Rapid Methods
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the senses involved in the perception of sensory characteristics
- Outline how to screen individuals for sensory panels
- Discuss different sensory discrimination and descriptive tests including more rapid methods
For booking the one-day on-site course*, see T&Cs and registration form below.
Terms and Conditions - one-day on-site course
- Feast reserves the right to cancel the course should confirmed registrations fall below the minimum of 10 bookings.
- A full refund will be provided if cancellations are made 8 weeks before the course.
- A 50% refund will be provided if the booking is cancelled 6 weeks before the course.
- No refund is provided if it is less than 6 weeks before the course.
- Paid delegates, if unable to attend may suggest another person from their company in their place.
- 10% discount to the second and subsequent attendees from the same company on the same course.
An Introduction to Sensory Evaluation
Introduces the application of sensory evaluation techniques for the food industry. It focuses on measuring the sensory attributes of food.
All payments are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and include GST
For help and enquiries, please contact:
Please contact Jen Larking (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Registration and enquiries
Please contact Joanne Hort at email@example.com for queries.
* subject to minimum bookings
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Wednesday 06 October 2021