EndNote allows you to store large numbers of references and use them in your work. Undergraduates may prefer one of the simpler tools on our Referencing Software and Tools page.
EndNote is free to download for Massey staff and students. By downloading EndNote you agree that Endnote will be installed for the purpose of Massey-related work or study and will not be installed on more than 3 computers per download.
Windows PC Version
- Personally owned computers
- Massey owned computers
NOTE: Versions X6 or older must be manually uninstalled.
- Personally owned Macs
- Massey owned Macs
- Installation tips for Mac users
NOTE: Manually uninstall any previous EndNote versions.
- IMPORTANT: EndNote X9 is currently not compatible with macOS Big Sur. Please check back for further updates. Workaround for Apple M1 Macs
Log in: with your student or staff Massey network login. Please contact Massey ITS if you are unable to download the software.
After downloading EndNote, the Library recommends all users set up an EndNote Web account. This will allow you to sync your library and provide a safe cloud backup.
Start with the absolute basics of adding references and using them in Word:
Support for Windows PC version
Support for Mac Version
More detail, including exporting from a range of different databases:
Video based on the Advanced EndNote class:
For advanced troubleshooting:
- search Clarivate Analytics' knowledge base or contact them directly.
Download and run the installer after any EndNote software updates to keep up-to-date and minimise errors.
Close EndNote before running the profiler to ensure settings install correctly.
NOTE: If your EndNote version is X8 or older you must update to X9 in order to continue to receive Massey Profile support.
Page authorised by University Librarian
Last updated on Thursday 04 March 2021
With EndNote, you can:
- create, import, manage and search references
- download and manage full text
- insert citations into Microsoft Word documents
- create bibliographies in a variety of bibliographic styles
Syndicated feed EndNote@Massey from https://sites.massey.ac.nz/endnote