Crisis management is in place following flooding in Auckland. More information.
BackMassey Qualification Regulations
- University Calendar
- General University Information
- Diary of Key Dates
- Massey Qualification Regulations
- Studying at Massey University
- Enrolment at Massey University
- Glossary of terms
- Prescriptions and Schedule of Courses
For help with understanding these important regulations, please watch our video.
The Graduate Diploma in Facilities Management
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Graduate Diploma in Facilities Management requires candidates to:
(a) meet the university’s admission requirements as specified;
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification; and
(c) have completed at least two years of relevant professional experience.
2. Candidates for the Graduate Diploma in Facilities Management shall follow a programme of study that shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) at least 75 credits at 300-level or above;
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the qualification;
(c) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Graduate Diploma in Facilities Management is awarded without a specialisation.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Graduate Diploma in Facilities Management may be awarded with distinction if completed in one year of full-time study or three years of part-time study.
5. Any timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of the Academic Board, be awarded the Graduate Certificate in Science and Technology should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
Schedule for the Graduate Diploma in Facilities Management
Compulsory Courses (120 credits from)
218329 Facilities Management for Construction Managers 15 credits
218344 Managing Risk and Operational Sustainability 15 credits
218346 Digital Evolution of Facilities Management 15 credits
218352 Facilities and Asset Maintenance 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 29 September 2022